What's new

September 11 screenshots (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
I was cleaning out my hard drive today, and I ran across some screenshots I had taken on 09/11/01. I had completely forgotten about these.
Here they are:
http://homepage.mac.com/amack/
I later did a search for other screenshots, and lo and behold, there is a website dedicated to this. I submitted two of my three screenshots tonight, so hopefully they'll add it.
If any of you have some 09/11/01 screenshots as well, post them here, so we can all see and remember...
Allan
P.S. Those with sharp eyes will see that I have "HTF" in my Personal Toolbar. Of course, this stands for "Home Theater Forum"!

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
interesting to see the reactions from around the world.

Considering the ephemeral nature of the web, I had thought most of this would not be recorded for history. I hope that this website, in turn, is not lost or shut down.

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at your screenshots, I stillcan't beleive that this took place. Whenever I still see images or articles about 9/11 I think it was a bad dream but I know it wasn't.

I know I it something I never thought I'd see, especially here on the US.

I will be something I can tell my grankids about, like my grandparents could tell me about pearl harbor.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Not really screenshots, but the most impressive site for images I've seen is hereisnewyork.org. They have over 2,700 images and all can be sorted by various categories. I believe prints of any images can be purchased, with the proceeds going to charity.
This organization actually has a gallery displaying these images in New York and there is a travelling version of it here in Chicago through the end of March. VERY moving. The gallery here regularly has overflow crowds. The people that have to stand outside waiting to get in are able to see slide shows of the images displayed on a rear projection screen in the front windows.
Looking at the screenshots reminds me of 9/11 and how hard it was to get information off of the major news sites because of the enormous traffic. Luckily we had a TV at work and were able to jerry rig a set of rabbit ears as an antenna that worked surprisingly well. As for the web, CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times and other major news sites were swamped. Luckily, I was able to connect to both the BBC and Canoe's web sites to get up-to-date info as well. And there was a running news thread being updated constantly on this forum at HTF. I think it got so big or updated so quickly that the original thread got corrupted and had to be deleted.

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
It's amazing how those picturs still make me feel ill...

Thanks for posting the link Michael, lest we forget...

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i have about 1.2 GB of combined news footage video and hundreds of pictures on my computer if anyone would like them. contact me via email if you want me to try and setup a transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks