Sept. release of Panasonic CT-32HL42 vs 32HX42

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken U, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Ken U

Ken U Auditioning

Only difference that I saw on their website was lighted remote and 3 speaker set-up which includes a subwoofer.

Herein lies the issue in which 3 different Panasonic customer service reps have contradicting facts - I asked each where the speakers on the new HL are located: Front on each side of screen OR are they side-firing on the side of the cabinet?

One stated that they were clearly located on the side of the cabinet (side-firing), after checking out the picture on her screen. Sure, I can see the picture too but cannot see the speakers, like I can on the 32HX42 picture. She even asked a co-worker. "Yep, they're side-firing". These people actually get paid for this...amazing!

Next two phone calls both reps swore speakers were on each side of screen forward-firing. One even put me on hold for 5 minutes to check with "merchandising" and "confirmed" the speakers are front-firing.

Maybe someone here has better knowledge of this new Panny model and can decipher where exactly these speakers are located. Thanks!!!! Ken

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    They look forward firing to me by the pic. Why would they make the unit so wide on the sides and side-fire the speakers? Seems like a waste to me. This TV is much wider than the HX model.

3. Ken U

Ken U Auditioning

Jeff,

The picture of the HX you can notice the little pin-holes on each side of the screen that indicate the speakers.

Can't really see them on the picture of the HL. The sides of the screen look like just part of the frame - solid, no holes. Or maybe my eyesight is showing my age.

Ken