seperates b&k, rotel , outlaw

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Frank joe, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Frank joe

Frank joe Stunt Coordinator

ok i have foud the b&k reference 30 for 1,500 on a close out. i hear it can be upgraded?????? i am also considereing the rotel 1066 or the outlaw 950. any idears on this, sound wise????? the only one thats not upgradable is the outlaw. and the b&K has no base mgnt for cd audio. i looked on b&k web site but the ref 30 not listed, so i cant find a list of specs on it. frank

2. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

For $1500. you should be able to purchase a used ref30 and also get the upgrade. Used ref 30's sell for around $1k-$1100.
    I would also look at the new integra DTC 9.4,
    for a few more $'s you may find a Ref50 at or near $2k
    Ref30 user guide http://www.bkcomp.com/pdf/Reference%2030.pdf
    You said: b&K has no base mgnt for cd audio?
    Why do you say this?
    -Jerry

3. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

if you do a search on comparisons between the outlaw (and its clones, sherbourn and atlantic tech) versus the rotel 1066, you will find tons of threads....many in the pro outlaw camp, many in the rotel camp, and some who think you can't go wrong either way...

this forum has had a few of those...

club rotel has...

and even outlawaudio.com has a few...

in this price range, NAD is coming out with something, the T163 and Adcom has some offerings. May be worthwhile to look at them as well.

Rich

4. Frank joe

Frank joe Stunt Coordinator

hi, as far as the b&k ref 30 its not used its brand new for 1,500 bucks. and i stated the no base mgnt for cd audio because of one of the reviews i read on it. it stated that if you use the stereo bypass it doesnd out any signal below 80to the sub output.i amnot usre if it has a sub out of a lfe out as they are different i am not even sure on how many sub outs there are . i went to b&k web site to get some specs but they dont ist it anymore.( not sure why).
    i know the rotel 1066 has base mgnt for all channeles and so does the outlaw. so far some i have heard go for the b&k and do not go near the b&k . does any one own this and can help with this question????????????? frank