1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Seperate sub recomendation

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave-u, Aug 18, 2002.

1. dave-u

dave-u Auditioning

Looking to get a seperate sub for my HT. I have Infinity IL60's, which are powered towers. I think I would get better results from a seperate sub. I know that issue has been discussed before, but I don't have alot of knowledge on really good subs. Any suggestions on brand or size or whatever you guys think might work.
    denon 3802
    il 60's
    il 36c
    il 10's rears
    denon dvd-1600
    monster hts3600
    room size 18x24 with open kitchen behind sitting area

Thanks, dave-u

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Do some searches of this section of the forum on Adire, SVS, Hsu, Velodyne. That will give you loads of good reading material and lead you to some other options besides those names I've listed.

We need a price range as well to give more specific answers.

3. dave-u

dave-u Auditioning

Dustin, thanks for the info. As far as price goes, I'm not sure what a good sub should cost. Can I get a good sub for say some where around $5oo?

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Sure. Adire Rava ($399). Hsu VTF2 ($450). SVS 25-31PCi ($499). SVS 20-39PCi ($549). Adire Dharman ($599).
    These represent the best of the budget subs that can be considered top performers.
    Do you have access to any wood working tools and a little wood working knowledge. If you do, definately look into building your own sub. Here's a link that will give some examples of what others have done with DIY subs.
    http://members.tripod.com/~terrycthe...um/page12.html