1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Separates or not ? Emotiva ,Cambridge , Anthem

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Sa5150, Jan 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sa5150

Sa5150 Stunt Coordinator

steve
    I like to create a new home theater , Not sure where to start .

A Emotiva amp at $2k with maybe a Cambrige Azur $1.5k

Something from Anthem or Arcam but very expensive . I don't care about names so that is a non-issue . I'd even take something from Outlaw Audio to get more for my money .

There is a great deal on a Marantz 7012 which is only $1.2k but the Emotiva has much more cleaner power and the Marantz looks like a 100 connections on the back which I might use 10 of .

2. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Agent

Dawn Luks
    The first thing to look at is the room size (WHD). From that we can suggest speakers and then the electronics.

If you have a floorplan with seating it would be very helpful. It can be hand-drawn. Also, what is your speaker budget? Are you going with 7 speakers, subs and Atmos?

John Dirk likes this.
  3. John Dirk

John Dirk Cinematographer
    Supporter

JOHN
    Exactly. It amazes me when people ask for this sort of advice and make no mention of the room characteristics. No offense to the OP but too much money and not enough know-how is a dangerous combination in any hobby.