What's new

Separates or not ? Emotiva ,Cambridge , Anthem (1 Viewer)

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I like to create a new home theater , Not sure where to start .

A Emotiva amp at $2k with maybe a Cambrige Azur $1.5k

Something from Anthem or Arcam but very expensive . I don't care about names so that is a non-issue . I'd even take something from Outlaw Audio to get more for my money .

There is a great deal on a Marantz 7012 which is only $1.2k but the Emotiva has much more cleaner power and the Marantz looks like a 100 connections on the back which I might use 10 of .

DigitalDawn

Agent
Real Name
Dawn Luks
The first thing to look at is the room size (WHD). From that we can suggest speakers and then the electronics.

If you have a floorplan with seating it would be very helpful. It can be hand-drawn. Also, what is your speaker budget? Are you going with 7 speakers, subs and Atmos?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The first thing to look at is the room size (WHD). From that we can suggest speakers and then the electronics.

If you have a floorplan with seating it would be very helpful. It can be hand-drawn. Also, what is your speaker budget? Are you going with 7 speakers, subs and Atmos?

Exactly. It amazes me when people ask for this sort of advice and make no mention of the room characteristics. No offense to the OP but too much money and not enough know-how is a dangerous combination in any hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks