What's new

Separates matched to Paradigm 60's/100's (1 Viewer)

Joe Bauman

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of Paradigm 60's (with the option to upgrade to the 100's). I currently use a reciever but would like to replace it with separates. What equipment/brands have you found to sound pleasing with the paradigms? I'm looking to keep the cost of a CD,amp, & preamp below $3200. The room size is 19 x 15 with 10' catherdral ceilings. What is your setup with Paradigm studio 60/100's? Thanks.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I don't have one (I wish), but I've read some great acccolades on this board for Parasound/Paradigm combos. You could get the HCA-1500A, or the HCA-2205AT if you want to bi-amp, and still have a channel left over for your center. Either should leave enough over for a great CD player.

I've never read a bad review for Rotel equipment, either.

Good luck.

Martin.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
I have a collection of different Paradigms - monitors and Studios/Active. Used them with low end Sony DE -ouch....

Used with Denons - 3300 and 5800 - much better. Used some of them with Parasound - sweeet.

Folks also like Anthem/Paradigm combinations - one family.

_zjt

RobertW

Supporting Actor
what reciever are you using? because you may be able to use that as pre/pro for the time being, and save money for a better preamp later, rather than buying all at once.

i've listened to paradigms with both rotel and parasound amps, and like them both. they have different tonal characteristics, but neither is displeasing. i bought a parasound 1500a to power my fronts, using a denon 3300 as pre/pro.

got a chance to hear the anthem avm20/mca 5 coimbo the other day, and it also sounded terrific, but the price of the avm20 alone puts it out of your budget.

Daniel_M

Stunt Coordinator
If you are considering a Paradigm upgrade...........

I have the Studio 100's. The good news is

are they are, if not the best, one of

the best speakers in that price range.

The bad news is, if you like to rock,

they need POWER. I have found 200 watts

minimum if you like your music loud.

For movies my Bryston 9B rated at 120w

per ch. is fine although explosions

and the like sometimes cause the red

clipping lights to go on.

If you upgrade to the 100's, get as much

power as you can within your price range.

Joe Bauman

Stunt Coordinator
So I am now considering the Rotel RB 1080 and the Parasound 1500a to use with the Studio 100s. Is anyone using one of these setup and are happy with it? Also, what do you use for a Pre/pro and CD player?

Thanks.

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

I use the Rotel RB-1080 to drive my Studio 100s. I have used this set up for almost a year now and have been very happy with it. So happy in fact, that I plan to get the RMB- 1095 this Spring to drive my other 5 channels and use my receiver as a pre/pro.

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

I have a Denon AVR-4800. Great receiver. I will use it as a pre/pro for awhile longer, but I am ready to move up to a seperates setup.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks