What's new

separate amp box (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
Anybody have ideas for a separate box for a plate amp? Links to pics? I can't seem to find the few that I have seen in the past.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I built one out of some scraps that actually turned out pretty nice. I just found a 4" wide strip of 3/4" birch laminated plywood. Then just miter cut the edges at 45 degree angles and use wood glue and brads to assemble it. After we put the brads in, we drilled holes right next to the brad and put in some screws. The screws were countersunk into the wood to allow for plugs and it also hides the brad indentation.
To make the plugs you take a scrap of hardwood, I chose ebony, and then use a special bit and drill out dowel like plugs that then fit into the countersunk holes. Glue the plug in, then chisel the excess away and sand.
There are probably many methods out there, I just liked the look of birch and ebony plugs for my amp box. I didn't make a bottom half because it didn't need one and I drilled a 1/4" hole for the wire to come out.
Click on the first thumbnail

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks