What's new

Sentinel: A good buy for $6? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I had the urge to buy Fright Night as it was only $9.90 and The Sentinel popped up as "Titles we reccomend". I've heard good things about it and Chris Sarandon's been good in everything I've seen him in si I thought what the hell.
A few questions: What's the movie like? What would you compare it to? How's the disc? Is it Pan&Scan or is the OAR full-frame (DDDVD and DVDProfiler gave me conflicted statements)?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Is this the movie about a woman who must "guard" the gate to hell--from an upstairs bedroom? One with a really cheesy masturbation scene? One with atrocious makeup effects and shock value? Why would you ever want that piece of trash?

But at six clamcakes for a Friday guffaw fest, why not? (Have no idea as to the disc's framing.)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I remember that one being very strange indeed! I bet you won't be seeing that in any Vacation movie!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
THE SENTINEL is a gigantic favorite of mine, and I think its more than worth $6! It is a very creepy and atmospheric ghost/demon story, and is as underrated as movies come. It also has a huge and quite superb ensemble cast. I am an absolute horror fanatic, and this film is one of my favorite horror films, so that is saying something! Also, I must say that I disagree wholeheartedly about the makeup effects being bad. They were excellent. In one scene, you truly can't tell the difference between the real freaks, and the makeup ones, and the makeup looks damn good. And yes, fullframe is its OAR. I very HIGHLY recommend this film! :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I frequent several horror messageboards, and this film is one of my favorites, so before buying the DVD, I asked the same question on EVERY board I frequent. That question was what is THE SENTINEL's aspect ratio. On every single board (except for one board, where nobody knew) they said it was 1:33:1. These were fellow hardened horror film experts, so I trusted their word. Also, I know that IMDB is not always right, but just for a little backup to what everyone said, I decided to see what IMDB said. So I went, and it was 1:33:1 their too. I'm pretty positive it is its OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks