What's new

Sensei Master Shows the Power of Chi (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, if his martial arts school goes belly up he could always become a televangelist. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
The pressure point stuff works. I know because I've been taken to the ground with it a few times in Aikido.

The 'touchless' stun gun stuff? Umm, from what I've experienced that looks like BS. You can throw or knock down someone without touching them by leading their mind (kind of like how you can make someone blink by clapping your hands in their face with no touching), but transferring energy through the air? Put me down as an official doubting Thomas.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The other thing is, he says 40% of people are "susceptible" and apparently most of his students are part of that 40%. So what's that say about him as a sensei when the Judo students across the way have the conditioning to redirect the energy?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I think this says a lot about how "real" the "no touch knockout" is:

Funny that it didn't work on any nonstudent...

GordonL

Supporting Actor
The National Geographic channel had a show about this. It's kinda like Voodoo in that it only works on people who believe in it. They even suggest that hypnotism might be involved. Check it out.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Somebdy seriosuly needs to add a cheap "firebal" special effect and replace the audio with Street Fighter 2 music.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

...but don't some places kill cows in slaughter houses in this fashion (albeit with compressed air and not the fictional "chi" or "ki")?

PhillJones

Second Unit
Back home in England, there's a guy called Darren Brown. He's a bit of a showman but he's sort of like the stage hypnotist version of Penn and Teller.

His own web-page is kind of cheesy but this one on Channel 4s website is quite cool.
http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...rol/index.html

Watch the voodoo doll trick in the 'Tricks of the Mind' section and watch it to the end because he explains how he does it.

It's relavent here because in one episode of his TV show, he went to a Dojo and started knocking people out from a distance using the power of 'chi'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks