What's new

Sending out holiday cards? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Do you send out a lot or a little in terms of the quantity of holiday cards?

I sent out just under 25 this year.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
i haven't sent any out...i might not this year considering I don't get any from the people I usually send them too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been weaning my list of "deadbeats" as well, trimmed off about 10 from last couple of years.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I don't send any out. It's a big hassle to even open them and then worry about wether or not I send everyone out one that sent me one, and taking people off my list that don't respond to any. I really don't see a point in them. Everyone I would send them out to I usually talk to on Christmas, which I consider much better then a card.
Of course, my age (23) and my marital status (single) might have something to do with my opinion. And it might change once I get married as I seem to remember getting a bunch from married couples. = ;)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
We sent out about 90-odd cards this year. That includes about 15-20 to co-workers (meaning hand-delivered so that saves a bit on stamps). I have the process fully computerized - an Access database keeps the addresses and I keep track of who sends us cards so I can prune out deadbeats or people we never hear from anymore. We used to send out 100+ cards. The cards themselves are created in Word and are printed via mail merge from Access.

KJP

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i did somewhere in the high twenties this round. but about half of them i'm going to hand-deliver (with gift-certificates inside) to my family in LA.
the rest are just "wassup" kind of x-mas cards that i'm mailing to my friends.
it's no biggie if i don't get one in return. to me...that's not really the point of the cards. it's just my way of saying hi and letting them know i'm thinking about them.
do i sound like a sap or what? :rolleyes::D

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
My wife and I don't send out cards. Really, what's the point? We don't have much family left between the two of us, and friends are close by year round.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
We made an email card and sent that to most.a few Cards will go out to family...people without computers(WHAT?!?!?)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Well I decided to send out some. I found a box of old cards from a few years ago and used them :) I sent out 4. Just to people in other states that I haven't heard from in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks