Sending out holiday cards?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Do you send out a lot or a little in terms of the quantity of holiday cards?

I sent out just under 25 this year.

2. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I sent out ten yesterday, and have perhaps ten more addresses to dig up to complete my mailing list.

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

i haven't sent any out...i might not this year considering I don't get any from the people I usually send them too.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've been weaning my list of "deadbeats" as well, trimmed off about 10 from last couple of years.

5. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I don't send any out. It's a big hassle to even open them and then worry about wether or not I send everyone out one that sent me one, and taking people off my list that don't respond to any. I really don't see a point in them. Everyone I would send them out to I usually talk to on Christmas, which I consider much better then a card.
    Of course, my age (23) and my marital status (single) might have something to do with my opinion. And it might change once I get married as I seem to remember getting a bunch from married couples. = [​IMG]

6. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

We sent out about 90-odd cards this year. That includes about 15-20 to co-workers (meaning hand-delivered so that saves a bit on stamps). I have the process fully computerized - an Access database keeps the addresses and I keep track of who sends us cards so I can prune out deadbeats or people we never hear from anymore. We used to send out 100+ cards. The cards themselves are created in Word and are printed via mail merge from Access.

KJP

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I'm not sending jack this year, no cards, gifts, nada.

8. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I'm 39 and married. 40 cards, inc friends and both families.

9. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i did somewhere in the high twenties this round. but about half of them i'm going to hand-deliver (with gift-certificates inside) to my family in LA.
    the rest are just "wassup" kind of x-mas cards that i'm mailing to my friends.
    it's no biggie if i don't get one in return. to me...that's not really the point of the cards. it's just my way of saying hi and letting them know i'm thinking about them.
    do i sound like a sap or what? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

My wife and I don't send out cards. Really, what's the point? We don't have much family left between the two of us, and friends are close by year round.

11. Grant B

Grant B Producer

We made an email card and sent that to most.a few Cards will go out to family...people without computers(WHAT?!?!?)

12. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Quick question: What software is recommended for making greeting cards?

13. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Well I decided to send out some. I found a box of old cards from a few years ago and used them [​IMG] I sent out 4. Just to people in other states that I haven't heard from in awhile.