What's new

Sending Money Internationally (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I won an auction on this unknown bidding site that just started up. I was lucky to nab a Gamecube, 3 games, 2 controllers, and a mem card all for $175 with free s/h. Price is much better than Ebay to say the least :)
So after I win, it turns out the guy lives in Ireland. *ugh* He says he can only accept cash or money orders. He doesn't have a bank account so I guess this is a kid. I could find no place locally that does international Money Orders.
I looked at sendmoneyorders.com but they send the MO in USD, which just about defeats the purpose. Any places that can send a GBP money order?
Or.... does this guy just seem too shady to be dealing with? That is a nice price for a GC bundle, maybe too good to be true? He gave me his mailing address in Ireland so I guess I could report him if he turns out to be a fraud. What do you think?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
When it comes to stuff like this, your ALWAYS better off using a credit card-that was if theres any sort of problem you can dispute payment.

BTW,

Your post office has international money orders

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Your post office has international money orders
It doesn't. :frowning: I went there and confirmed it myself.
I did happen to get a bank draft though, thanks Buzz. And I'll be sure and ask him about the voltage. How much does a voltage converter cost? thx again! btw- what's a sampler?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Oh they cost too much (usually), I can't imagine how much they charge for international transactions. Only $5 for a bank draft that you mail yourself.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The USPS does have international money orders for $3.00 (last time I used one), but they aren't valid for all countries. They can be used in Great Britain; I would assume Ireland too. The thing is, USPS can't give you a list of acceptable countries, nor are they listed on their web sit.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Sounds WAY to fishy to me. Why will he ONLY accept money orders or cash? Ask if he will use a middle man service or COD. That way you make sure you are getting the product BEFORE you pay for it. What is to say that he doesnt get your money and never sends anything out?

KyleS

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And I'll be sure and ask him about the voltage. How much does a voltage converter cost?
The GameCube is not available in Europe yet - only in Japan and the USA. Thus, the voltage *should* be fine. I'd ask him what territory it's from originally.

Price really does seem too good to be true... Stranger things have happened though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks