Semi accident on "Who's Line is it Anyway?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Feb 21, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    It was a repeat, but did anybody see "Who's LIne is it Anyway?" from Wednesday night?
    The skit was 'Party Quirks' and Ryan Styles was acting like Carol Channing that's gets his head stuck to things.
    Well, He wasn't really paying attention, but when he started to dart his head against Drew Carrey's desk, Ryan slammed his head against the neon, and shattered the neon tube, that went around the design of the desk.
    It was extremley funny, even If Ryan did hurt himself.

2. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Accidents and improv, two things that go hand in hand. While performing with my improv group Comedy City I have fallen off the back wall, breaking the bench when I landed, I have had my back wrenched during a "slow motion" fight scene, and watched in horror as a fellow performer slid on a chair off the end of the stage. [​IMG]
    Hey, if it's funny, we'll try anything. Ryan's accident . . . par for the course!!!

3. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

JohnS,

Yes, I've seen that one and it is funny! WLIIA? is such a consistently hilarious show week in, week out. My wife and I love it. Although, we are continually surprised at how many people just don't "get it."

FYI, on our last family vacation during a car trip my wife and I taught my parents how to play the "Alphabet Game" that they play on the show and were cracking oursleves up. It really is a great show w/ some great ideas.

Peace,

DM

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    OK, am I the only one who read the subject line and assumed that an accident involving an 18-wheeler rig occured on "Who's Line is it Anyway"?

Regards,

5. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

I almost puked I was laughing so hard. No show on TV makes me belly laugh like Who's Line.

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    The secret to truly hilarious improv comedy is to be able to edit it down to just 24 minutes of stuff that was really funny and excise the parts that do not work. [​IMG]
    Regards,

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

That is an old episode from last year. My brother was watching when it happened last night and couldn't stop laughing his butt off.

It was a hilarious episode. Another good one was when one of them picked up the Asian girl and her skirt flew up and everyone saw her panties.

8. Jason Boucher

Jason Boucher Stunt Coordinator

Hey Randy, explain a little bit about improv to me. Not being from a big city, I have only seen it on Whos Line. It appears that the performers rely on many of the same tactics, suggesting that improv may require some training. It seems to me that there is more of a science to it rather than just getting up and acting spontaneous. Do improv artists practice, take lessons, read books, or is it just an innate gift that some comedians have over others?