Selling PW-2200, Keepimg PC-Ultra

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alan Pummill, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Well, after several weeks of experimentation, trial and error, running both subs or just the Ultra, I've decided that I get the best, cleanest, sound with just the PC-Ultra.

The addition of the PW-2200 did yield more volume, but wasn't as tight. I recalibrated with just the Ultra and it sounds sweet. I am very happy that it turned out to be so musical as I listen to 80% - 85% music over movies.

I'm getting ready to remodel. My room will go from 20' x 24' with one corner having stairs and the utility closet, to a true rectangle of 15' x 24'. I bet the PC-Ultra and my maggies are going to like their new room dimensions!!

Good decision...that PC-Ultra!!

2. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Middletown Ohio?
    Aren't you right up the road from SVS?

3. Alan Pummill

I think SVS is made in northeastern Ohio, Middletown is in southwestern Ohio.

BTW: There is a Middleton, Ohio, that is in northeastern Ohio!! Here is a funny story about that: Back in the fall of 2002, just after getting my Pioneer Elite PRO-630HD RPTV, I scheduled Gregg Loewen to ISF calibrate it. His trip to my house started in Lexington, Kentucky, then Columbus, Ohio, then my house, then Erie, Penn. He thought I was in Middleton, not Middletown!! He would have had to back track from Columbus to get to my place!! Easy mistake to make!!

4. Alan Pummill

The PW-2200 was sold to a fellow HTF member locally. He will be using it along with his Paradigm Studio series speakers!!

5. Thomas F

Thomas F Stunt Coordinator

What a coincidence. I also had a PW-2200 and a CS Ultra with a Samson S1000. I liked my Ultra better, and sold my PW-2200 to my cousin, who recently purchased Studio 40's/20's V3. The 2200 is a really good sub, but it just couldn't compete with my SVS. Cheers, Tom.