What's new

selling house/hometheater (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Looks great! It's hard to get a feel for the actual space with those virtual tours. Things tend to look much bigger than they really are.

As far as criticism... perhaps some curtains... and maybe a darker ceiling/floor color.. maybe spruce it up a little with some rope lights or ceiling starlights... that would be about it.

Did you do all the work yourself?

tom derby

Agent
Yeah, my wife and i did everything but the drywall hanging and drywall finishing. The ceiling and carpets are actually a lot darker than they look in the tour. Must be the flash or just that he turned all the lights all the way up for the pic.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I agree with Dave. I think your place is great. The only thing I would consider adding to your HT is some curtains to either side of the screen.

Parker

tom derby

Agent
i really appreciate all of the comments. I know that i need something on the screen wall to break it up a bit. I just worry that curtains wouldn't look right. Any pics of a good screen wall with curtains would be nice to see. If we sel and get a new house i will be starting this home theater project all over again. I was thinking of building the screen wall out about 6 inches on either side of the screen so the screen sits a little deeper than the rest of the wall. I thought that would break that wall up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks