What's new

Selling an XBOX box on EBay... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1293591459
This reminds me of the guy who sold that empty Playstation box. Only this time, the seller comes out and actually says, "This is an empty box, there is no XBOX inside." Twice. Yet someone still paid $366 for it.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
My favorite part: "Once again for the really thick headed out there..."
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Someone from the anandtech.com forums sent the buyer an email...
>
... I wonder what I can get for an OOP Dreamcast box... hehehe
/G
[Edited last by Gui A on November 16, 2001 at 04:50 PM]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The first guy who sold the PS2 box was vague and deceptive. This guy was very up front about what was being sold, and the people who bid $300 on this deserve to be parted with their money. I despised the first guy, I envy the second.
wink.gif

Julie K

Screenwriter
He's got another one up for sale as well.
Sure he's upfront about it, but it's still kind of sleazy, even if the bidders are as dumb as rocks.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I've got an empty pack of Cigerettes for sale. You pay $10.00 plus $4.00 shipping and handling. These are an ordinary pack of Marlboro Ultra-Light 100s (oops, sorry I meant to add the unnessassary ' in 100s), I mean 100's... box. I smoked 'em, you keep the box! All this for only $10.00!!! plus $4.00 shipping and handling.
Now this is a deal! Any takers?
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The worst part about it is that since Ebay has become this global scum market- this type of thing doesn't matter. The bidder doesn't see it as her responsibility to actually READ the description because she knows Ebay will not make her follow through on the deal.
So she'll get a negative feedback- looks to me like she's a frequent seller so he's already got 120, who cares if one person says she's a moron.
I think Ebay should suspend anyone who just flat out refuses to read the description and then whines about what they're getting.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority !!
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on November 16, 2001 at 07:12 PM]

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I love that- "My daughter was sick so I didn't have time to read the whole thing"! If my cat ever gets sick I guess I'll go bid on stuff without reading about it first!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If someone's dumb enough to make the bid, and the item is clearly marked, it's his fault for being a moron.
Jeff Kleist

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
There sure are some stupid people out there!!
What's kind of funny is the fact that the seller upped his shipping price for the box, from $7 to $15. Hmmm...must be one heavy empty box!! :)
------------------
God bless!
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks