What's new

Selling a Used Cell Phone (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anyone done this? I switched carriers and now have an 1yr old LG Chocolate and chargers that are worthless to me. I've deleted my contacts and other data out of it, but you can still see my old phone number in the "phone info" section.

Is there any identity danger in selling? Is there a list of "make sure you do's" before you sell? Am I just freaking paranoid? ;)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I've sold quite a few phones on Ebay. The phones I sold had some type of master reset option in the settings. I typically did the master reset 3 or 4 times and sent it on its way. You could always check with the teenagers over at Howard Forums for another opinion.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
did you unlock it (if it was a GSM phone)? If you just cancelled or your old account is still active, you can call them and ask for an unlock code.

That should make it worth a bit more on Ebay. As far as clearing your contacts, doing a Master Clear/Reset I think will do it, although thats for motorolas, not sure what the procedure is for LGs.

Generally the phones on Ebay are sold without the SIM, so that would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks