selling a old PC

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Keith_R, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, I have a 4 to 5 year old computer which I'm debating on either giving to a charity to fix up and give to someone who needs it or selling it possibly to my friend. Originally I got the machine for $400 back in 98' or 99' and it ran flawlessly until recently when it started acting up and I decided to get a new computer. I'm sure it would make a great internet computer still.

My friend is willing to offer me $100-$150 for it.The specs are as follows Celeron 466MHZ, CD burner @4x speed, upgradeable to 256 MB of Ram, Win 98 SE. Considering the specs does it sound like what he is willing to offer me for it is good? I'm notified him of it's one little problem which you can read about here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...mputer+problem

I'll admit I'm a little nervous to sell it to him with this problem because it is one of those things that I'm not sure if the computer will just stop working on him directly after he buys it. I'm interested in his offer though. What do you guys think I should do with it?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If it's just the PC (no mouse, keyboard, etc..) I'd sell that system for no more than $80. If it's giving you problems let him know about it and say NO REFUNDS.. ALL SALES FINAL. [​IMG]

3. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Scott, it is the keyboard, mouse, and speakers as well. He already has a monitor. This is not the first computer he has owned, he is simply looking for another one to go in his room.I'm going to talk to him on Monday in more detail about it, by then I'm hoping the local charity I called will have gotten back to me.