Selling A Dish 6000, Need to know what steps need to be done

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Haynes, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

In next couple of days I will be selling my Dish 6000 receiver in the Hardware For/Sale section. This is my first time selling satellite equipment and want to know what do I need to do to deactivate my account with it? Do I need to deactivate it? Do I have to let Dish know that I sold it?

Just need a little help on what steps need to be done? Thanks.

2. Greg Haynes

Anyone?

3. Jerry Hostler

Jerry Hostler Stunt Coordinator

Greg,

I just sold my 6000 to another HTF member myself. After you sell it, you will call Dish to "sign it over" to the new owner. You will need to know the persons name before you do this. Once you have signed it over, he/she can activate and start enjoying.

Jerry

4. Greg Haynes

Thanks Jerry, now all I need to do is put up for sale. I've been looking around and trying to feel what a fair price would be for 6000.

It is 1yr old and includes the HDTV 8VSB addon module plus I still have the original box, manual, remote.

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I sold my whole dish system (6000 and Dishplayer) last year. After the money thing was agreed on, I called Dish and cancelled my service. I told them that I was selling it, gave them the guy's name and said he would be calling in to make sure the access card didn't have any outstanding balance. I e-mailed him the access card numbers and he called. He confirmed that the cards were legit and balance free and PayPaled me the money. I shipped the next day and e-mailed him the tracking number.

-Robert