What's new

Sellers Beware of w8482eat (1 Viewer)

jpal83

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason P
I've been selling iTunes codes to this guy for awhile. But for some reason he decides to redeem the uv part and iTunes part for "I'll see you in my dreams". I clearly break down each code by uv only and iTunes only.

I sent email for the slip of "I'll see you in my dreams" and clearly wrote in the email "redeem through iTunes". However, he decided to go to the www.universaldigitalhd.com site and redeem both parts of the code. Keep in mind he has purchased many iTunes codes from me before and knows that I sell each part separate but the reason he decided to redeem both is cuz he says the slip said go to that site, but he knows I sell each portion separate and I clearly wrote in email "redeem through iTunes." Somehow he says that is not clear enough for him to not redeem the uv part even though he has purchased many iTunes only codes from me in the past. He knows how I operate, so no excuse he could really have. He has not paid me the difference for the uv part, which I lose money on cuz he chooses not to pay for it.

Sellers beware. If he pays for it, I'll post that he paid for the uv part he also redeemed. But as of right now, after exchanging many emails with him, I have not received payment yet.

I also have the emails I sent him to prove that there should have been no confusion on which part to redeem.

Early Memphis

Screenwriter
Real Name
Early Memphis
Good luck. It seems hard to understand how confusion could reign. If he disputes your charge, he should post here. So to w8482eat I say: :welcome:

w8482eat

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I am posting here. Funny thing is the BUYER should beware of this seller. He has collected a fair amount of $ from me for multiple purchases. He sent a code that redeemed through UDC universaldigitalcopy.com that redeemed to both my iTunes as well as vudu accounts. He was very crappy in our email exchanges and I was tired of dealing with him about it. I have NEVER had a dealing with any other sellers from this site even close to this guy. I don't plan to buy from him again. If others do, I'm not going to say he is horrible because I've bought from him many times in the past. This time around was a far different experience!!

jpal83

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason P
I clearly broke down that I was selling the movie like this:

Uv only- $8
Hd iTunes only- $5

So it was clearly labeled that I sold each portion separately. Also, as he mentioned, he purchased many movies from me before so he knows I sell each portion separate.

Also, when I sent he email for the code, I clearly wrote "redeem through iTunes" yet he ignores that and went to the universal site and select Vudu and iTunes to redeem the code.

The universal site doesn't automatically redeem both portions, you have to select the portion you want to redeem by clicking on the bubble.

Anyone who wants proof that I broke it down individually or to show that I clearly wrote "redeem through iTunes" on the email to him, feel free to contact me. Not sure how much more clearer someone can be when stating to redeem iTunes only.

He still feels like he is not wrong in this situation and still never paid for using the uv portion. He paid $5 to redeem both the uv and iTunes portion when I sold the uv for $8 and iTunes for $5

HJW

Grip
Real Name
Holland
I don't know the buyer, so I can't comment. However, I've communicated with, and purchased from jpal83 several time - and he is straight up legit. Not that anyone should care about my opinion, but this is a great forum for both buyers and sellers...so we are all responsible for maintaining it. Perhaps you both can split the difference and call it good.

w8482eat

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I just paid for the VUDU portion as well. I have never had a problem with the seller prior to this redemption. Really, the issue I have is there is no need to treat someone who was being honest in the deal so crappy. He doesn't know me or what I do, or anything about me for that matter. I am just a guy who sends $ for movies to watch with my family. Handled.

Early Memphis

Screenwriter
Real Name
Early Memphis
I think this should've been handled with some split payment. If w8482eat had to pay $13, that's BS. There's always a discount when folks want full codes and not partials, why not here? Was a settlement not offered? Was universaldigitalcopy.com listed in the post? When I'm splitting a code, I list VUDU with the UV code and iTunes or whatever elsewhere with my iTunes codes. Confusion can and does happen, often without bad intent. I hope a reasonable settlement was offered - or recompense is offered now. One side shouldn't feel all the pain in what appears to be an innocent clusterfvck. :(

jpal83

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason P
I can now verify that he has sent money for the uv portion redeemed.

However, I take offense to how he saids I treated him "crappy".
He acting like I insulted him or something. He kept saying that I didn't not specify that I sold the iTunes only part and I kept sending him pics of the emails I sent that shows that I did specific it. He kept saying that I did not specify it and kept providing proof that I did. That is not treating someone "crappy". If you saying I didn't specify and I did, I'm going to show it to you and show you proof.

This was my first response to him after I found out he redeemed both parts:

"You were supposed to only redeem iTunes only for I'll see you in my dreams, not the uv part. Just checked the code for uv and it shows already redeemed and you were the only one besides me to see the code. Please send $8 for the uv part of that movie since you redeemed it

I also never got confirmation back from you that both codes were good "

That doesn't seem crappy to me.

Then his response to that:

"Both were redeemed by the link you provided. Not paying for both since it showed both iTunes AND vudu"

Then my response back:

"I never sell uv and iTunes together. You should know that from all the times you have bought the iTunes code. Plus, i even wrote "redeem iTunes part only" in the email I sent you and you still redeemed the uv part for it. You paid for the iTunes part, which I sold for $5. The uv part o sold for $8 and so you paid $5 to redeem both parts"

Then his response:

"Universaldigitalcopy.com redeemed to both iTunes and vudu. Sorry! Next time, you might say it will attempt to redeem to both and to only choose one option!! First time I have seen that."

And it goes for awhile. Again, he tried to make it seem like it was my fault that both redeemed when I told him to redeem through iTunes in email

jpal83

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason P
I never sell full codes. I had someoem that was going to pay $8 for the uv part he redeemed and so I would've lost $8 there. This was a week ago now. I got payment today, but I had already expected not to get anything.

I think he did the right thing now, just don't appreciate how he tries to make it seem like I was being "crappy" to him. Being "crappy" would be me insulting him and calling him names, but you also see from his first response that he said he was not going to pay at all before. Had he tried to come to some king of agreement and admitted he was wrong and that he made a mistake, an agreement prob could have been reached, but he flat out said no on any kind of payment at the beginning

w8482eat

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
There are a few exchanges missing from the post. Not going to regress. Fact is, it wasn't intended, and have bought quite a few codes from the seller with no problems in the past. I consider it done and over with. Moving along. There was never an attempt at settling, just the crappy "You f'd up, what were you thinking, pay me for the other portion" exchanges. Paid, check! Done with wasting the time and energy on this transaction. Will continue buying from the other normal group of sellers I buy from on this forum.

Early Memphis

Screenwriter
Real Name
Early Memphis
I hope the extra few bucks was worth it, Jason, but your sense of public relations sucks. A compromise would've made you look better, not weaker. Jes sayin'. :ph34r:

jpal83

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason P
I have many satisfied customers on here who have never had any issues, so I will be more than fine. Your opinion early Memphis doesn't affect me. You feel what you want to feel, but you not buying from me so it doesn't really matter anyway

I never said you fucked up, but thanks for exaggerating on what I said.

Early Memphis

Screenwriter
Real Name
Early Memphis
Hideface.gif

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Seems like a good argument for HTF to start requiring full code sale to me. If you look at our rules linked in my dig they are all aimed at removing confusion on both ends. If split codes continue to be a problem the mods will have to discuss with the owners how they want to proceed.

Both buyers and sellers need to be very clear on intentions in the meantime but sellers need to be aware that once they have sent the code in the first place it is on the honor system on the buyers part...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I can see how this could be confusing to some people, especially first time code buyers. It might not be a bad idea to toss up some screen shots showing what to check and what not to check when redeeming split codes so its a bit clearer for purchasers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks