What's new

Sell my Pioneer Elite 610??? (1 Viewer)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
We recently moved into a new house and had the basement finished into a HT/Game room. The home theater section has been painted very dark (light is no issue), it includes a front stage, and has been pre-wired for a front projector. Here's my question:

Should I sell my 2 year old Pioneer Elite 610 (58") for a front projector set up? I'm very happy with the tv, but I think I'd enjoy movies even more with a front projector.

The seating is about 13' from the screen location, so I'm probably looking at about a 100" screen.

I paid $5K for the Pioneer 2 years ago...do you think I can get $2.5K for it now? It's been professionally ISF'd and well taken care of.

Then...could I get a good quality projector for $1500 - $1800 and a mounted screen for about $700?

I'm mostly interested in movies. From what I've read I'd probably go with a reconditioned CRT. Would this end up being a picture quality downgrade from my current tv?

I would probably keep the front projector for about two years, then upgrade.

Thanks!

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor

Gary, after looking at the pics in your signature link, I believe your new room screams for a front projector. Nice job!

If you'd like to move the Pioneer over to my house, I'll gladly give you gas money.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Dang that is a beautiful HT room!!!!

Ya gotta go FP in that room sooner or later.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
You will be tough pressed to find a buyer at theat price imho. Take a look what a person can buy new at that price and the drastic differences from now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks