What's new

Self Service Soda Fountain = Free Refills? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Flashing twelves is funniest thing I read all week. Buzz, you won't sue me if I start using it will you? :D

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

Totally agreed.

I wonder if that burger joint Kate Stelnick went to had free refills? I wouldn't mind being her "soda boy" :D

LewB

Screenwriter
ATM, self checkout, EZ-Pass user here. That's what computers are for, aren't they ? They make life faster and cheaper at the expense of those who are trying to make a living at a job that the computer can do. :wink:
As for the soda refills; like someone else said, the soda is the lowest cost part of the deal (cup/soda/cost of selling it). I say 'go for it'. As a matter of fact, if you plan on taking advantage of the free refills, why buy any size other than a small ?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

I actually use Sun Pass here in Fl. but there is a benifit to that not just in time but saved cost of gas waiting in toll lines.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Self Serve w/o a sign = free refills to me.

One thing for sure, if you are used to them in some parts of the country, then you are in for a shock in places like Chicago and NYC. Free Refills don't exist there hardly I've found.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

There are also some discounts for using it. Some are instant, some require a certain number of times through the toll booth. The first day I used my Sunpass, it saved me $0.25 on the Selmon Expressway. 99 more times and the Sunpass is paid for.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Yeah same here, I use EZ pass and prepass all over as many times as I can use it.

Saves money

And EZ pass is for Commercial vehicles that has scales out on the highway, They weigh the truck in motion and if I am not heavy they I get a green light in my truck with a little box that has 3 lights on it

Green means you can go on wothout entering the scalehouse

Red means come into and get reweighed

Yellow the hated one means: stop and get ready to be inspected :frowning:

But I never had a yellow light and usually I just breeze right past the chicken house :)

But I do get a red light once in a while.

But for the most part I do save time and money with both gadgets in the cab of my truck :)

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
The Subway near where I work has a 25 cent refill sign on the self-serve soda fountain. They added that maybe 6 months after they opened.

As for the self-serve grocery checkout lanes, they don't seem to be that much quicker. Some days they are, but often you can get shorter lines by going to a cashier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks