Self Powered/Computer Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ted Todorov, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

I recently helped my ex buy a computer, which will serve amongst other things, as her stereo and dvd player, since she doesn't have either.

Anyway, I would like to give her a good pair of self powered speakers to use with it (it's a 14" iBook if anyone cares). Any and all suggestions are welcome. Nothing outrageously expensive, she is an ex, after all :)

I apologize in advance if I missed a recent thread on this subject, my search was fruitless.

Thanks,
    Ted

2. jeff morris

jeff morris Agent

try: sharkyforums.com

3. Ted Todorov

Thanks for the tip!

Most users on sharkyforums though seem to be concerned with videogame sound which is the furthest thing from my mind rather than music.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Ted

4. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

You said 'not outrageously expensive', but that means different things to different people. Something like Swan M200s would be great, but run $250.

You said it's a notebook, is portability of the speakers important?

Are you looking for just a pair or a pair with a 'subwoofer'?

5. Ted Todorov

As a happy Diva owner I am aware of the Swan M200s, but as av123 seems to have stopped selling them I can't get a discount and $250 is on the steep side. I was hoping to find out if there is a slightly less expensive "similar experience" out there.

Portability is not that important. I definitely would prefer just a pair with no subwoofer -- I am sure that would be her wish as well.

Ted