Self-calibration for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy Z, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Jimmy Z

Jimmy Z Auditioning

Does anybody know of any sites out there that give indepth instructions on how to calibrate the Hitachi 51UWX20B??? How about any other advice for calibrating this TV myself as a newbie? Thanks for any help in advance.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Pick up avia and follow the instrustions there. I would not do anymore unless you are trained, but that is just me. perhaps you should consider having Greg take a look at your tv, everyone here seems pleased with his work [​IMG]

3. Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski Second Unit

Like John said,get a set up disc ,or have one of the ISF guys that hang around here take a look at it.There are way too many "oops,my tv is now a doorstop"setting you can change and get into trouble.Just mt opinion,you may be better/luckier than others.Myself,I dont yeat have the "onnph"to get into setup node and start playing,and I even have a servuce manaul.All I can relete it to is when people drag their car to the dealer I work at,they seem so surprised that it costs MORE when they have attemped the repair themselves already[​IMG] ( outa 10 time ,they were chasing the wrong dog [​IMG] It costs time and effort to go back and repair other peoples screwups,just to get back to the originl concern.