What's new

Selection and Placement of Surrounds (1 Viewer)

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
To follow up to my recent thread...
Can someone help me decide what surrounds I should choose and where/how I should place them?
Paradigm Mini-Mk3 fronts
CC-300 center
As mentioned, I am debating whether to use ceiling or wall mounted speakers because of my layout (with the main seating position up against the back wall). I would like to stay with Paradigm.
Here is my layout...

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'd get surrounds on stands so you can play around with the locations.

The seats are pushed far against the opposite wall, have you thought of closing the gap between the TV and the couches?

It's just that if you mounted in-ceiling speakers you lost the flexibility of positioning if you decide to change around the seating. Have you thought about using a 10 foot gap between couch and TV and then put 2 surrounds on stands on both sides of the main viewing couch.

As for the layout of the TV/mains, I'd probably have tried to use the "length" of the room rather than the width but I see how they appear to be recessed in that wall.

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the layout will allow the RPTV to be flush mounted and trimmed. The front speakers will be in recessed bookshelves. Also, the utility area allows access to all wiring, component connections etc... hence the reason for the layout.

The couch, I suppose could be moved closer to the TV (which, for now, is slated to be a Toshiba 57HDX82).

Any more ideas on placement of surrounds and the actual speakers I should choose?

Thanks

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
What about the Paradigm ADP-70 dipole surrounds? I understand that these should be placed to either side of the main listening position. So, looking at my layout above, would it make sense to use the brackets to mount them to the ceiling facing down and in (since I don't have a wall to the right of the seating position)?
Also, I am considering the older model Paradigm AMS-200 ceiling mounted speakers (if I can find a pair) which match my Mini-Mk3s pretty well. I am not sure the best positioning for ceiling mounted surrounds, though. This may really be the best option for my system.
Any comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks