What's new

Seleco projector on the way... (1 Viewer)

KeithR

Second Unit
Man I am pumped!
Or should I say "Taking delivery of an HT200"...haha...
I won it on auction this weekend over at AVS for what I assume is at or below dealer cost...gonna pick up an ISCO II anamorphic lens and Grayhawk screen with it.
82" widescreen...here I come!
BTW, there is a Powerbuy on the Sanyo widescreen LCD over there...any projector seekers might wish to take a look.
I have wanted a Seleco ever since I saw it over an AVS forum member's apartment....the colors and black are overwhelming. I really wanted the new 16:9 Seleco, but the long throw has given me fits. I save 2k the way I am going by not getting it new. Fine with me!
Any forum members in NYC are welcome to stop by and take a look...just email me. Should have it all set up in the next 2 weeks...

KeithR

Second Unit
Unfortuately, the DM will not work in my setup because of the long throw. I have a 200 being sent to me with an ISCO II anamorphic lens to shorten the throw. Even with the lens, I saved 1700 bucks...i know the DM has the new color wheel, but I didn't see rainbows on the 200 or 250, so i don't think the difference will be great, though I hear the DM has a bit better color. I have no problems with the blacks on the Selecos...and I agree, they are much better than the Sony. Just didn't want to bother with CRT calibration and maintenance.
We will see...this weekend is going to be fun! Ordering my new reference dvds as I write...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks