What's new

"Seldom Posters League" & Lounge Dedication (1 Viewer)

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
And as the great Dr. Joseph Howard, physics prof, has demonstrated, one doesn't have to post a lot in order to become an HTF legend. I predict this thread will become the newest incarnation of "Thread Killer."
Actually, I'm also trying to finally prove I'm the true
"thread killer" by using this NEW SPL thread to "kill,
destroy, wipe-out, end, erase, :angry: :angry: :angry: " the 1.5 year old thread
killer thread. [[ impossible! :D ]]
I duplicitous that way. :b
Anyway, those of the shadows unite!
Imagine what a rare breed an SPL member is.... We are
already in the "After Hours Lounge" (for those brave souls
to hang out after hours) and we are a Lounge within it!!
Subset of a subset that is rarely seen.
Clearly, it is Friday and I must go home from work. The
mad scientist in me is getting alittle too verbal. Don't
want that post count to go up afterall.
Dr. Joe

I've always been described as quiet and introspective. Once people get to know me they are surprised by the difference. I guess the same applies regarding this forum.

Anyway, this reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

I think its Shakespeare, and highly paraphrased, but it reads, "Where words are scarce, they are seldom spent in vain."

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Regards,
Rico

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Glad you fellows enjoyed my page.

As far as why I do not post more often.... this place is to big and I doubt that my voice will be listened to, most of the times I have posted I have been ignored.

Most of my posting energies go to DVDFile.

Dennis

Second Unit
I guess I'm a member. I average 0.10 posts a day. I've been coming here for 4 ½ years. I've been coming here longer than some moderators! :D
I've always been the one in the back, the quiet one, the rebel, the maverick, the one you're not so sure about, I'm okay with that. :)
David Brown Eyes, I also dig your site.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I'm a 1.88 post avg a day type of HTFer.
As many pals as i've made on HTF, and as often as I view it, I post far less often.
In fact, I lurked before joining
for almost two years.

I felt, as was stated above, that some threads
were for an "in crowd"........
What I mean is, that some of the conversations seemed
to be just between a few friends sometimes.....

I still believe that to be true sometimes...
but I have been welcomed if i did join in a thread.

(And am i offended when I kill a thread,
or post things that don't get response or disappear
for 5 weeks at a time, and nobody notices....
Me care? HA....um...ha.........cough....
Me paranoid......hey...WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN AT?????)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Jack, do you (or any of the mods) have a distribution curve for member posting? If so, is it a normal curve?

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Here's my stats:

Date Registered: May 29th, 2000
Total Posts: 1591 (1.83 posts per day)

Do I qualify for membership into the SPL? I can wait til some older threads are deleted if need be, for sure my post count will go down, since I do not post nearly as much as I did when I first got involved with Home Theater. Also, I cured my polls addiction by removing it from my favorites, so I no longer see the link when I come to the HTF. Now I am free to do other things, get out, breathe fresh air, hold my son, play computer games, work, whatever!

If I do qualify, do I get some sort of membership card, maybe a blank piece of laminated cardboard? That would be neat.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Hi :D
Date Registered: January 26th, 1999
Total Posts: 91 (0.07 posts per day)
edited to show my sad stats

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Shhhh Steven Christou is a lurking off at the moment, I'm his other seldom poster alter ego Juan Ramirez, I seldom posts here a because I is shy, you all too loud and too familiar, always the talk about the sex, what is this, I came here for the movies infomashon not to talk aboot your girlfrens, I just wanna no when the Stars War quadrilogy is a coming out. And what is happens with the polls area, is now a games area? I dont no, I think I stay the seldom posting person, I lurk I look I learn but not much, too much of the yapping.
Oka see ya later ma fellow soldem posters, this is biggest post I ever type, nice no?:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I often feel i am posting (talking)"to myself'.
Have any of you also thought you were in the conversation,
but found the other two people, just addressing eachother by name, and not you?

That is my experience most of my HTF time.

But there are exceptions.
Rain, and Jack, and Steve have responded frequently.

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Why am I not surprised that this thread died rather quickly? :)
I lurked around here for about a year before I decided to join and state my opinion on Mimic (the only movie besides Armageddon I really wanted to walk out of the theater because half way through I came to the conclusion that it was one of the worst and boring movies ever made IMO. But I stayed until the end, as I always do, and wasted precious time of my live I will never get back).
I enjoy to read all the great movie discussions here but I don`t post very often because I think it`s pointless for me to repeat what has already been said. I don`t care much for the often whiny bitching over stupid things (no offense) in the software forum and only read some of Ron`s reviews.
Thanks to the HTF I added a lot of great movies to my DVD collection (I think I will finally break the 400 mark during the release wave of must have movies in the next 3 month) I wouldn`t even have thought about buying because some of them are completely unknown here in Germany.
I really like the overall, almost friendship like and very personal atmosphere around here. Sometimes I feel like we are all one big group of best pals with the more silent ones like me and other lurkers listening to the frequent posters like Rain, Jack, Steve, Patrick, Ron and so on. I even have pictures of Christou`s girlfriend Sandra :D
Most of you don`t even know I exist but I am always there reading your posts.
Cu around :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks