What's new

Seinfeld (1 Viewer)

Adam N

Agent
PLEASE GIVE US SEINFELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since M*A*S*H, the Simpsons, Monty Python, and countless other T.V. series are being released, why not the greatest show of all time?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, my opinions on Seifeld aside
I'm sorry, Seinfeld is owned by Warner Bros. who have said that TV on DVD belongs in "best-of" sets. So that's all you'll ever get. I don't think Seinfeld, unlike Friends has a large foreign following, so importing is out
Jeff Kleist

Adam N

Agent
We can only hope that Warner eventually realizes that there is NO SUCH THING as "best of" when it comes to Seinfeld.
After all, it doesn't cost anything to hope. I can only assume that they don't have a clue as to the amount of loot they could make off this. Oh well
frown.gif

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Somebody posted recently that Jerry Seinfeld said there were no near-term plans for any DVD releases since the series was still making too much $ in syndication. I wouldn't expect any DVDs soon.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well then, that's even worse, as CTHV have basically nixed the idea of TV altogether
NO DVDS FOR YOU!

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I want Seinfeld, but will not buy the "best of" boxsets. Give us the whole season!
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy Seinfeld in digitally remastered season by season boxed sets. If any of the later seasons were framed for HDTV, then I'd expect 1.78:1 enhanced widescreen versions too.
The shows don't get old IMHO. I laugh my arse off every time I see a repeat (which is a lot since my damn Fox syndicate keeps showing the same few episodes over and over and over again).
A damn fine ensemble cast; one of the best in TV's history. Even my old, stodgy folks get a kick out of it.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
But isn't there also a Castle Rock logo?(Castle Rock being an AOL Time Warner company.)
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that tag in the past, but on the current reruns it's not there. They're currently airing episodes from seasons 3 and 7. Perhaps Castle Rock was only involved in the last season or two?

Adam N

Agent
When I originally posted this, I was sort of hoping that everyone was going to lie & tell me that the show was "in the works". I never thought everyone was going to be honest. Damn you for being right! Someone please LIE to me, just so I can keep living in my fantasy world! Why must you people always be right!!!
eek.gif
crazy.gif

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I want Seinfeld on DVD in season-by-season format. I no longer buy best-of DVD's. I only buy in season-by-season format.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It goes without saying that I'd buy Seinfeld on DVD in a heartbeat. I do agree, though, that they would have to be season by season sets.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
And when you do the "pilot/ complete first season" include the original versions, and then the 'revisionist' versions as well.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
If possible, they should put the pilot, first season and second season together since that would total 16 episodes, much closer to a normal season than 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks