What's new

Seinfeld TV season !!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
I love the show

But when they will come out, who owns the rights, I cant believe garbage like Mad about you comes out but no seinfeld!!!!!!!!

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I'll excuse the garbage comment, in regards to Mad About You. Just because it's not somthing you like, doesn't mean it's garbage. As for Seinfeld on DVD, well there was an intereview a while back where they asked Jerry Seinfeld about a possible DVD release of the show.
He expressed no intrest in the show being released on DVD. Stated that he was happy with the cash he gets from syndication rights. If he went with a DVD release, there would be less cash coming in from syndication. So unless Jerry changes his mind, or the show become unpopular in syndication, it's not going to happen. Atleast not anytime soon.
By the way, small suggestion. You may want to alter the title of this thread. It makes it appear that you have information regarding the DVD release of the Seinfeld series. Which could lead to quite alot of flames. Just a suggestion though. :)

Jo_C

Second Unit
Actually, Columbia/Tri-Star does...at least the television distribution rights, until they run out.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Mad About You is hardly "garbage"; I love the show! Compare that to Seinfeld: I like Seinfeld a decent amount, but my wife thinks IT is garbage. She'd never come here and say that, though. To each their own, eh? Please don't insult an item in the process of asking about the stuff you want (unless it's Glitter...THAT'S fair game! :laugh: )
Since Columbia IS the studio who would put out any DVDs for this series, I guarantee you won't know much about a DVD until RIGHT before a release. Columbia's policy is not to discuss future plans that are subject to change. Therefore they don't telegraph their moves until they feel there is little chance of changes or delays.
It is the same fustration that led fans of All In The Family and Sanford & Son to be upset that there would be no Season 2 releases of either one, right up until Columbia announced them in mid-Nov. (with releases for both coming up on Feb. 4th...less than a 90-day gap from announcement to release).
Jerry's wishes aside (and whether or not Columbia needs his co-operation or participation depends on his contract with them and how much personal stake he has in the show...a LOT, I expect), even if they were in the midst of creating the DVD masters now to mass-produce in six months time, all of us probably wouldn't know a thing about it! On the other hand, sooner or later it WILL be desirable for all parties to get the DVD income that is guaranteed from fans like you. So be patient, and let Columbia (and Jerry) know you want this any way you (politely) can. Write letters, call the studio, vote for it at TVShowsOnDVD.com sign petitions, etc.
Notice how smoothly I slipped in the TVShowsOnDVD thing? :wink:

JulianK

Supporting Actor
It is the same fustration that led fans of All In The Family and Sanford & Son to be upset that there would be no Season 2 releases of either one, right up until Columbia announced them in mid-Nov.
...and fans of The Larry Sanders Show are still waiting for the announcement of a Season 2 release... the first release was ten months ago...
I'd love to see Seinfeld on DVD, mainly because I didn't start watching it until well into its run, and then was catching episodes from different seasons being shown by three different channels - it got a bit confusing! I'd love to see the series again, in chronological order!

LennyP

Supporting Actor
...and fans of The Larry Sanders Show are still waiting for the announcement of a Season 2 release... the first release was ten months ago...
Yeah :angry: That's why I'll start recording second season off Bravo starting Jan 1st, 'cause I lost all hope. Same with Twin Peaks. :frowning:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
:thumbsdown:
A simple question mark in the thread title instead of NINE exclamation marks would have made this thread a lot less misleading/disappointing.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
How about instead of changing the title-running a search using Seinfeld. Then you would realized that this had been discussed to death and if you felt the need to ask again, then you could have revived a previous thread. This rant was brought to you by "I hate misleading titles inc."

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Once again, Columbia would not do DVDs for this; Warner bought Castle Rock when they bought Turner, and thus they currently own the rights (save television rights) to Seinfeld.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Jeffrey Gray wrote:
How do you know this? What is your source?
I'm not sure your logic (or your facts) add up. Surely, Columbia/Tri-Star had some kind of catch-all rights arrangement in place for the series it distributed before Turner merged with Warner. If not, they should get new lawyers.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Put question marks in your thread title!!!!!!
And do a search!!!!!!! There are probably a dozen "is seinfeld on DVD" threads here already!!!!!!!
See how annoying exclamation points are when they aren't needed!!!!!!!!
I thought Seinfeld had been announced or something. Shew. Wasted threads. :frowning:

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Well, I know all of the Castle Rock films that Columbia distributed ended up being owned by Warner Bros. when they got Castle Rock...so I'd think Seinfeld would, too...

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I think MarcinL's "?" key is broken. If you read his post, he follows up questions with "," and ends with "!", instead of "?"

Ron!

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I think MarcinL's "?" key is broken. If you read his post, he follows up questions with "," and ends with "!", instead of "?" If only School House Rock addressed the question mark issues in their songs.

Ron!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
BTW, will Mad About You ever get a season 2 release? Or did season 1 not do well? (Obviously, I'm not among those that considers M.A.Y. 'garbage'). I also am interested in a Seinfeld release, though that does not look promising from what I'm hearing hear :frowning: .
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks