Seinfeld Question

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by WillG, Feb 6, 2004.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

I was watching Seinfeld in syndication today. It was the episode where Jerry and George are in their 2nd pilot pitch meeting with NBC. The one where George is recanting his rant about how the show is about "Absolutely Nothing" I somehow remember that the 1st time the episode aired on NBC, George went on a reverse rant about how the show is about "EVERYTHING" I don't think that has been seen since. I know stuff gets cut in syndication but I remember it not being there even in the NBC re-runs. Am I just imagining this?

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

Probably imagining. The meeting is a spoof on the show we're watching. I don't recall the episode on NBC, but I'm pretty sure it's a "nothing meeting" as Jerry describes his actual show in real life as a show about nothing.

3. WillG

WillG Producer

I remember all that, but I could have sworn that at the second meeting after Jerry berates George about his "Absolutely Nothing" rant, he does a complete 180 and goes on a "The show is about EVERYTHING" rant. Oh Well

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I think George gives the "reverse" speech at the next meeting with NBC. He acts like he's changed is mind about the "absolutely nothing" idea, and the execs say something like "So your more open this time" to which George responds that he was so out of his mind at the last meeting that Jerry had to tell him what he said.

Wow, that was ramble-tastic. To make a long story longer...yes, he did give a "reverse" speech (although not during the same episode).

5. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

It played here the last two nights. It's the second meeting where they go back in and George changes his mind about NOTHING.

6. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

yes, i recall the exec said "so there's a story?" and george says 'yes! story is the most important thing! without story, it's just masterbation' [​IMG]

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Haha, classic Costanza. I also love the "La Cocina" dialog from the first ep of The Pitch [​IMG]

8. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

It happens because the main guy at NBC is gone and George changes it from absolutely nothing to about everything with a great story because the new woman was not impressed.