Seinfeld DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andy Polo, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Andy Polo

Andy Polo Stunt Coordinator

I was just wondering if seinfeld will ever come out on DVD soon. I realize that it is still in syndication, but I want it and I want it now.

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Jerry Seinfeld has stated prep work is being done for the DVDs, and he is a part of it. He was one of the executive producers for the show, so I'd assume he'd know something.

Dan

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Can a moderator please add a Question Mark in the title of this thread so that people will know this is just a question about whether the show will ever be on DVD and not information about a "Seinfeld DVD" like I did? Thanks.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Read here and here for pretty much everything that's been made public about this...which isn't much yet. But it's coming!

And yes, PLEASE put a question mark in the subject of this thread. I was thinking that someone had found something out, and got all excited for nothing! [​IMG]

5. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

The question with Seinfeld has never been If, but When. I think they're trying to do it right and take their time.

6. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

That's not true. For a while, the question WAS "if". At one point Jerry Seinfeld said that he had no interest in DVDs because he makes enough money from syndication. He said he doesn't understand why fans want it on DVD.

And since TBS just bought huge syndication rights, it was beginning to look like we'd NEVER get Seinfeld DVDs.