Seinfeld deals

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Marc Bax, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

I can't find a thread for this so I figured I'd start one. So far best deal I've found is Best Buy's site. The preorder is $29.99 on the seasons and $79.99 for the gift set. You also get a "digital coupon" with these if you order soon. $10 for the sets ($10 for either set, don't have to buy both but limited to one coupon per purchase) and $25 for the gift set. From what I gather a digital coupon is basically a gift card that you can use later on anything. You can't seem to select in store pickup though so shipping is $2.49.

So it'll be $62.50 for what I want and I get a $10 "coupon", sounds like a fair deal.

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Since it doesn't street til next Tuesday...probably will be able to after that.

Was there any word on the Best Buy exclusive bonus disc?

3. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

I haven't heard anything about a bonus disc... I know the coupon deal expires on 11/20 so if you want to get that I think you'd have to have it shipped since it won't let you select in store pickup yet. I wish they'd still have it as an option but tell you to pick it up on Tuesday.

4. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

You can buy it from BB.com for $3.99+shipping+tax (if applicable), but I think the only way to get it free with the Seinfeld set(s) is in-store.

5. Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers Supporting Actor

Hey Marc - Thanks for the heads-up on this Best-Buy Seinfeld DVD Deal.

What about 2 separate orders: One order for Seasons 1 & 2 and another order for Season 3. Each order would be $29.99 + $1.25 shipping (+ tax) for your total of $62.50, but you would get two $10 digital coupons to use in the future.

I'm really tempted to buy both sets now on this deal rather than waiting until next week. Again, thanks for the heads-up.

6. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

That may work. I believe it said one coupon per e-mail address so you'd have to order it on different accounts. What I'm thinking about doing is just ordering season 3 online and going in store Tuesday to get the first set with the free bonus disc. That way I get the $10 coupon and the bonus disc, plus I can start watching Tuesday)... No problem on the heads up, glad to help.

7. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

Here's the scoop on the bonus disc from TV Tome.

"Best Buy will sell an exclusive edition of Entertainment Weekly about "TV On DVD." This magazine will come with a Seinfeld DVD bonus disc with exclusive content that will ONLY be available through buying the magazine, which will only be available at Best Buy. If the magazine is bought with any of the Seinfeld DVDs, the magazine will be free."

8. TommyJD

TommyJD Stunt Coordinator

Was in Hollywood Video today to pick up some 3/$25 titles and my daughter grabbed a copy of their in store promo book that lists upcoming titles etc...It lists the Seinfeld Boxsets for $19.99 through Nov. 30(Reg. $24.99).May go back tommorrow and see if I can pre-order at that price before they catch the mistake which it probably is.

9. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Just preordered the giftset and the Bonus disk.
    The $25 digital coupon is nice, plus you can use reward zone on the website!

10. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i need to figure out how to get the mag and extra dvd from the store because i preorderd online too.

11. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

You can buy the bonus disc on the site for $3.99 or go in store and buy the magazine/dvd by itself as well.

12. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

According to BB's Sunday flyer, the magazine is available with ANY DVD purchase this week so if you were planning on getting any disc there this week, you can get that without a problem.

13. BradWOO

BradWOO Stunt Coordinator

FYI.
    Hollywood Video's instore catalog, Movie Companion, has the Seinfeld sets advertised at $19.99 each. I think it may be a mistake, but I'm gonna try to get them to honor the price on Tuesday.

14. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

Wonder how fast that'll run out then. I better be there Tuesday I guess.

15. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

Well I might just save myself the trip. The new deal on the site is order any Seinfeld set and get the bonus disc free. They're still selling for $29.99. I preordered season 3 to get the $10 coupon and was planning on driving the hour to Best Buy on Tuesday to get season 1&2 and the bonus disc. Looks like I just saved some gas money. Here's the offer.

16. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I took advantage of the gift set and the $25 coupon, it was the best deal I could see. I'm kind of excited to see these for the first time. I've seen a few eps, always thought them pretty funny but just could never find time, now I'll make time to see them

17. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

Costco has all 3 seasons together without the regift-set for $31.99.

18. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter

Lanie,

Where did you see that? I just checked Costco.com and I can only find the Gift Set ($78).

Thanks,

Mark

19. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

I'm thinking it's gotta be $31.99 per set, that's just too cheap for both.

20. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

I'm assuming that's 31.99 each set?