What's new

Sega's E3 lineup (Sonic confirmed for all platforms) (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
There's a full list at http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4350 , including titles and descriptions for...

Sonic Heroes - PS2, GC, XBox
Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg - GC
Worms 3D - PS2, GC, XBox, PC
Vectorman - PS2
Headhunter: Redemption - PS2, XBox
Otogi: Myth of Demons - XBox
Sega GT Online - XBox
Altered Beast - PS2
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - PS2
Phantasy Star Online Episode III - GC
Virtual On Marz - PS2
Dororo - PS2
Kunoichi - PS2
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut - GC
Sonic Pinball Party - GBA
Sonic Battle - GBA
NFL2K4 - PS2, XBox
NBA2K4 - PS2, XBox
NHL2K4 - PS2, XBox
NCAA College Basketball 2K4 - PS2, XBox

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Big mistake if this is true.
That information is basically a Sega press release (which is why an XBox site included news on releases for other consoles), so I'd imagine it's on the level. An XBox version of PSO III may be forthcoming, but perhaps it'll just be the GC that gets it first. I have to admit that the idea of "card-based" combat in a Phantasy Star game sounds pretty uninteresting to me, though.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Otogi: Myth of Demons - XBox
Thats the one that peaks my interest the most. From software developed and Sega is publishing (Glad to see its coming over here). The screenshots are gorgeus and hopefully the gameplay is there as well.

Headhunter 2 also look squite good. They have some screens of the game over at Gamespot. The first game was great on the DC so I'll gladly give the sequel a shot.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Based on what I've read about Sonic Heroes on GameSpot, it seems like another relative stinker. Why can't they just make a regular Sonic game with a dozen or so really fast levels and as little puzzle-solving as possible?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm thrilled about the PSO exclusivity, but dissapointed about the Sonic Heroes cross-platform thing. At least GC also gets Sonic Adventure DX and Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg.

I'll reserve judgement on the actual quality of Sonic Heroes for when I can test it myself.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Worms 3D an RTS though instead of the traditional gameplay style? Or is it different?

And about PSO Ep. III...while I probably won't buy the game (I could care less), I think the idea of more online games on the GameCube is a good idea no matter what. If it succeeds, Nintendo will be pushed into making some online games or expanding the capabilities of their games that are in production.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm thrilled about the PSO exclusivity, but dissapointed about the Sonic Heroes cross-platform thing.
That's kind of a selfish attitude, isn't it? It's one thing to be glad a game is coming out for your preferred system, but another to gloat over someone else not being able to play it or be disappointed that they can.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
Often games released on multiple platforms are not as good as they could be because the standards for the weakest system are normally adopted for all versions of the game to make porting easier. The fact that the game was made specifically for the Gamecube means that there is a good chance it won't be held back by a homogenization of standards or the victim of a poor port.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I understand where you're coming from, Barry, but the original poster was "gloating" over the Sonic Adventure DX exclusive too - a port of an old DC game...

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
The PS2 more often then not has the longest load times and jaggiest graphics of all three systems. It has many great exclusive games and sells more than the other two but I would consider it the weakest of the three.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Is Team 17 developing Worms again?

I'm surprised about the lack of hype for Altered Beast and Vectorman so far...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised about the lack of hype for Altered Beast and Vectorman so far...
There's a key statement in the Press Release description for Vectorman that limits how much hype they can give it. I'm surpised it's even been announced.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Technically, the PS2 is the weakest, but not by far enough that it really matters.

I really could care less about the new Sonic game. After the last two, and with the description of the new one, it sounds like they're trying out new ideas with an old franchise, much like the water pack with Mario Sunshine (although Mario is a platformer game, Sonic is supposed to be about speed and extremely minor platforming/puzzle stuff).

Users who are viewing this thread