Sega remakes coming....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Read about it
    here
    I'm dying to know which titles Sega has chosen to be released! (hopes and prays to see Panzer Dragoon Saga)
    In other news THQ will be releasing a good bit of Sega titles to the GBA including Phantasy Star Collection!
    Read about it here
    All three of the first Phantasy Star games in 1!! WOOHOO!

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

3 Phantasy Star games in one cart is pretty damn cool...

I remember they said they were thinking of porting Panzer Dragoon to PSX, so thats probably one of the games. They said they're porting the more popular classics....so just think of some classic games.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

By classic, you're talking "Zaxxon" and "Congo Bongo", right? [​IMG]

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'd love to see a remake or sequel to the little known Genesis title Landstalker. That was a great game.

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I'd love to see Burning Rangers, PDS, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage, and it would be really fucking sweet if Treasure made a Treasure Collection.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Of course, it'll end up being 18 Wheeler, Zombie Revenge & Columns.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sorry, Romier, just being realistic [​IMG] I'm not getting my hopes up until more info has been released. At the moment all they've said is "remakes of old Saturn/DC/Genesis games". Are we talking revamped updates? Are we talking straight ports ala Crazy Taxi PS2? Are we talking 'retro packs' like Sega Smash Pack on the DC? There's just precious little info out there. Straight ports of DC/Saturn games won't do much for me - I can already play them on their respective machines. And 'new' games done by a third party unrelated to Sega (which is the case I believe) don't interest me either to be honest.
    We already know Sega have farmed out a port of Skies of Arcadia to the GC & PS2. We know Acclaim still have the rights to Zombie Revenge on the PS2 [​IMG] And at one point, they had a deal very similiar to this - the right to raid parts of Sega's back catalogue - but ended up not using it for political/financial reasons, I don't know the full story.
    To me, a port of Shen Mue only really makes sense if they can get it out before the sequel's due in late 2002.

9. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Hmm-this is interesting. I'd actually be interested in a port of Shenmue, since I've heard a lot of good things about it. Also, a Sonic Adventure (perhaps 1&2) port would be nice, since that was a fun game.

10. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Call me a boring little fanboy (I know you all want to...) but the single reliable pieces of Sega porting information that actually got me excited this week were Crazy Taxi and Super Monkey Ball on the GBA. Remakes/ports of unspecified old stuff that if I liked in the first place I probably already have isn't that great for set-top machines, but being able to make some crrraaaaazy money on the Tube is good news.

11. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I would enjoy a Burning Rangers port, but only if they redid the graphics...that game's brilliance was seriously

hampered by the fact that it was butt ugly. I'd love for them to release Shining Force 3, as about 5 people total in America have a copy of that game, and I'm not gonna spend $100 for it on eBay. Panzer Dragoon Saga would also be great as I never had a chance to play it, either. Guardian Heroes would also be excellent. And when is a system other than the GBA ever gonna get a Virtua Tennis game? I never thought I'd fall head over heels for a tennis game, but those games are like crack! There are so many great Sega games they could port over.....here's hoping they show up in the States. I love Sega.

12. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Nick, Virtua Tennis has just been released for the PC, so I'd imagine they aren't too shy to port it elsewhere either.

Burning Rangers has always intruiged me. Fire rendering has come along the last few years as anyone who has played Max Payne will testify; combining those flames with the heat haze effect used in GT3 and Wreckless would be even better, so a graphical update could make this everything it wanted to be the first time.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

14. Shawn_S

Shawn_S Stunt Coordinator

I've been waiting forever for a new Shinobi game. The original kicked ass. The second one...Revenge of Shinobi...I didn't like too much. Ninjas don't need a dog or wolf or whatever the mut was [​IMG]

15. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Give me Nights damn it!

Dan

16. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Give me Joe Montana Football on my GBA damnit!

a new NiGHTs would be great also.

17. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Hey...what's wrong with Columns?????
    I like that game [​IMG]
    Anyways...Gimme the Streets of Rage series on one disc & I'm there. (5.1 sound? Woohoo!)
    There was also a JP only Saturn release of a RE-clone..I believe it was called Deep Fear or something...I'd like to see that.
    As for Burning Rangers...that was a good game...even better because I got it for the low low price of zero [​IMG]
    Calvin

18. BrianB

BrianB Producer

19. Romier S

Romier S Producer

20. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I would say Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS, and Streets of Rage are at the top of Sega's list.