What's new

Sega GT 2002, initial impressions (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Ethan, you've confused me a bit with your GT2K & GT abbreviations. By GT2K you meant...???
I've enjoyed Sega GT 2002, although the main career mode is a bit shorter than I would have liked and I would have liked a couple of more tracks. I look forward to the new holiday add-on track in the next OXM.
I'm enjoying the quick race mode quite a lot. The AI is very challenging on the hard & very hard settings. One caveat I have though is this: it can be either very challenging or very easy depending on which car you choose. Thus, the trick to enjoying the game is finding a car which you like to drive, but one that does not dominate the competition! (that's no fun) Of course, trying to compete with a hard-to-drive car can be fun also, if you're up to the challenge.
I have a couple of complaints about the handling of the cars:
-I don't like the way you decelerate sometimes when you go off-track. (even if you keep your foot on the gas)
-When the rear wheels do break loose, the engine sometimes will keep revving well after you let off the throttle. You can not feather the throttle & gradually hook up the tires again.
I also think that the rumble feature is poorly done in this game, it neither gives you interesting feedback for how your car is interacting with the road, nor is there any rumble when you collide with something.
Complaints aside, this is a fun game with nice semi-realistic handling characteristics, & I would certainly recommend it to all.
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks