What's new

Seen this realy cool turntable, I wish I still had... (1 Viewer)

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
Boy, I sure wish I still had the million records I owned years ago. The turntable I seen was a Denon, with "Denon" written in big letters on the front, Wow! it look so cool! I want one just to put on my rack! It was priced at $699.00can(wow!). Anyone know what they sound like? This thing is going to by put on my wish list for sure.:D

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I bought my stuff from a fairly high end place at the end of 1979. The amp I bought has inputs for two turntables, which I wanted for taping. (You know, cue up one song while the other is being recorded.) I already had a Phillips 312, which was well regarded. I thought it sounded pretty good. Anyway, the salesman talked me down on everything I was going to buy, i.e., he sold me an integrated amp for $315 when I was looking to spend $700 on seperates, $350 speakers instead of the $750 ones, etc.). Then I brought up that I was going to find a used turntable to use as the extra one. He then told me to get a Rega 2. It was about $375, IIRC. He also carried Denon. I asked about them about the Denos turntables and was told bluntly that I was purchchasing was much better. I then asked how one might justify purchasing such a plain turntable when tables with direct drive and pitch controls wer the rage. The answer was, "Tell 'em ya bought good sound." I never had to. As soon as I played any records, whoever heard knew I had good sound.

I know thatthis was of absolutely no help, but your post reminded me of this.

If you get the Denon, I see no reason why you would not enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks