Seen this realy cool turntable, I wish I still had...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Abar, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Bruce Abar

Bruce Abar Stunt Coordinator

Boy, I sure wish I still had the million records I owned years ago. The turntable I seen was a Denon, with "Denon" written in big letters on the front, Wow! it look so cool! I want one just to put on my rack! It was priced at $699.00can(wow!). Anyone know what they sound like? This thing is going to by put on my wish list for sure.[​IMG]

2. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

I bought my stuff from a fairly high end place at the end of 1979. The amp I bought has inputs for two turntables, which I wanted for taping. (You know, cue up one song while the other is being recorded.) I already had a Phillips 312, which was well regarded. I thought it sounded pretty good. Anyway, the salesman talked me down on everything I was going to buy, i.e., he sold me an integrated amp for $315 when I was looking to spend $700 on seperates, $350 speakers instead of the $750 ones, etc.). Then I brought up that I was going to find a used turntable to use as the extra one. He then told me to get a Rega 2. It was about $375, IIRC. He also carried Denon. I asked about them about the Denos turntables and was told bluntly that I was purchchasing was much better. I then asked how one might justify purchasing such a plain turntable when tables with direct drive and pitch controls wer the rage. The answer was, "Tell 'em ya bought good sound." I never had to. As soon as I played any records, whoever heard knew I had good sound.

I know thatthis was of absolutely no help, but your post reminded me of this.

If you get the Denon, I see no reason why you would not enjoy it.