What's new

Seen that Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch commercial? (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Nothing in the commercial is as frightening as this quote.

What the hell is wrong with Hootie? I thought Hootie was cool. I can't be this out of step can I?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
No, sorry, Hootie has not been cool for about 9 years. Near constant radio play of "Hold My Hand" and other singles generated a swift and terrible backlash. That's not to say they are bad musicians or that a person can't enjoy their music. Just don't go announcing it publicly ;)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
What Hootie's still alive, I was hoping some obsessed fan snuffed him... but then I guess they weren't good enough to have obsessed fans.;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ha, one of my fave artists Glen Phillips (who is actually friends w/ Hootie and they toured together when Glen was in toad the wet sprocket many years ago) had a parody for "Let Her Cry" that was based on teaching the alphabet to his daughter. The chorus went something like this:

Letter Y...as in Year or Yesterday
Letter C...as in Cantaloupe or Clay
Letter O...like an Orange in a tree
But if you wanna spell Banana...Letter B...Letter B...

[PS--I realize this is probably only funny if you know the original song and Glen's goofy sense of humor--and of course the fact that Glen played this accompanied by his acoustic guitar to the crowd and he mimicked Hootie's voice perfectly] :D

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I tape Deep Space 9 on SpikeTV every day and watch it in off hours. I've seen this commercial many times as I fast forwarded and wondered what it was but never stopped to see. Thanks for making me watch. It is definently a tasty add. And the sandwich doesn't look bad either.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
This commercial is freakin' awesome. Come on now, the tune is catchy and funny and the whole commercial is just great. I can't explain it, just something about it is positive (well, other than it promoting BK).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It's almost like you can see the pleading in Rucker's eyes, the pleading that says "Please Kill ME!" From Hootie to such degradation. All I have to say is that I hope the money is mucho.

This commercial is almost as creepy as the Burger King in Bed ad.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'd like it a lot more if they weren't trying to poison our bodies with junk food. :) I'm pretty sure none of those models eat there.

I'm boycotting this commercial and going to Wendy's instead. The nerve.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Well, he did, and I think he's set enough to the point where he didn't HAVE to do that commercial, Brooke Burke has it pretty good, and she appears in it. Michael Jordan appeared in McDonalds commercials...Not comparing the two, but making a point.

The commercial is comical and entertaining. I don't like BK, but can't deny that commercial for it's value (which is nothing, but that makes it good).

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
OK, had one today. They're good, but not as good as that commercial :) Kinda expensive, $4.97 for the sandwich after tax. I think I still prefer the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I don't know about the sandwich, but I know that the tendercrisp chicken caesar salad with croutons & their garlic caesar dressing is VERY good. Surely not low fat thanks to the dressing but it is mmm mmm good.
I'd give it a thumbs up & worth a try if you haven't yet. :emoji_thumbsup:

Edit: I take back the "not low fat thanks to the dressing" comment... it's not low fat thanks to the chicken. 18g of fat in that bad boy.
Edit#2: I think I'm going to switch to the firegrilled chicken. 2.5 grams

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Yeah, but she doesn't have to:

A) Speak. Poor Darius has to sing some dumb ditty.

or

B) Dress like the Cowboy Minstrel From Hell.

She just has to smile while wearing the briefest of outfits while swinging to and fro. Of course, she is really near the incredibly creepy Burger King, so I guess she did earn her money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks