What's new

Seems like a hot topic.....WS RPTV's.... (1 Viewer)

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
ok guys....ill thank you all in advance for your comments, opinions, etc....

been lookin at RPTV's for the last two weeks and ive done a bit of shopping around and have some models id like to ask you guys about.

my current setup is a 27" Wega and Sony dvd (non-progressive)

ive been lookin at Hitachi and Mitsubishi lately....saw a real nice 70" Mitsu at a dealer recently and was quite enthralled with it....unfortunately, it was 4:3 and just standard def, and i think that with the amount of money up for a tv these days id rather get a 65" thats HD.

so right now im lookin at the Mitsu WS-65809, WS-65819 (3299 and 3499 respectively) and also the Hitachi 61SWX10B which is a little smaller but looks quite nice. i saw one at circuit city but they want 3999 for it!

so hopefully some of you guys can give me your opinions on the above tvs and what some similarities and differences might be between these sets. if you have other suggestions i would gladly welcome them as well.

thanks a lot,

jason

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Never looked into Hitachi. I bought a Mits 46807 in February and love the dang thing. Just added a progressive player a month ago and the picture is stunning.
It does require a bit of tweaking out of the box and if you are willing to do it, you will not be dissapointed. Excellent TVs with tons of info on tweaking.
A great list of tweeks is here at:The SPot
Peace Out~:D

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the reply Ron....i havent seen the mitsu id like to buy, which bothers me a little bit, but ive seen some comparable ones which look very good.

i dont mind doing some tweaking, but ive never done anything like that before (never had to!)

jason

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Also look into the 64" Pioneer SD-643. It is better with NTSC sources than the Mits Diamond or Hitachi and just as good as the Mits Diamond 65908 with DVD/HD sources, IMO. It costs a little more than the 65819, but less than the 65908.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I picked up my Mit. 50" roughly about 2 1/2 years ago. If their was one thing I regret, it was not spending the extra for widescreen. I also really didn't realize how much room lighting would effect my viewing. The area I have the set is well lite most of the day and I get a killer glare. I've tried blocking out as much light as possible, but can't given all the windows in the room. It's not to the point that I don't bother watching during the day. Then again, not everyone lives in Tucson, Arizona.

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Jay:

That 70" Mits that you saw is my TV! I am really happy with it. It provides a 65" 16:9 image, no anamorphic squeeze of course. As for price comparison, I think this set is a bargain. You can get one here in NJ for approx. $2200 new in box from authorized dealer. That's alot of screen real estate for the $.

Most important question, IMO, is what is the intended usage of your set gonna be? Give us a break down:

Analog 4:3 material (cable/satellite) = ?%

DVD's = ?%

Do you want HD? If so, usage = ?%

Answer the usage question and we'll go from there.

Rich B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks