Seems hard to get the 57hdx82, should I just get the 57h82 from onecall?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Spencer, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Jason Spencer

Jason Spencer Stunt Coordinator

I really don't want to go over $2k, and was just about set on the 57h82 at onecall, but keep reading how the hdx is a better set. I was going to talk to Jason to see what he can do, but it says Retail only on the web site. Should I just get the h series and keep under my budget or should I fork out the cash and find it locally?

2. Leigh Joel

Leigh Joel Auditioning

Hi Jason,

I assure you, the Toshiba 57HDX82 is a fantastic RPTV. I have had one for approximately two months now and I am very pleased. The only thing I have noticed lately, is that the display sometimes has a greenish/whitish flash across the picture when watching my Toshiba 3800 Progressive Scan DVD. I know it is not on the DVD as I watched it two days ago and it wasn't there. I am sure it is nothing, but need to find out. I would still definitely recommend this TV.

Leigh

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Jay:

Call up OneCall, and ask for Jason or Jeremy. Tell them you're from HTF, and ask them what they can do for you on the HDX. [​IMG]

4. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

a phone order is considered a retail sale. they are just not allowed to have a buy button on the website. i was like you. i called them to order the 50h82 and when i was a asking a few questions about the dvi upgrade Thomas said i could order the hdx if i was worried about the dvi port. so i got the 50hdx82 for $1909. you will love this set when you get it. mine looked great out of the box. i just recently did a 56pt convergance and it was pretty close to begin with. just a little touch up was all that was needed.

5. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Jason,

Seems like I'm encountering a number of posts this morning about Toshiba HDX sets.

That series uses a new electron gun that is better, when it works, but it's giving Tosh (and Sony) trouble.

You might actually be better off to stick with the H.

Jan