Seems hard to get the 57hdx82, should I just get the 57h82 from onecall?

Jason Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I really don't want to go over $2k, and was just about set on the 57h82 at onecall, but keep reading how the hdx is a better set. I was going to talk to Jason to see what he can do, but it says Retail only on the web site. Should I just get the h series and keep under my budget or should I fork out the cash and find it locally?

Leigh Joel

Auditioning
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

I assure you, the Toshiba 57HDX82 is a fantastic RPTV. I have had one for approximately two months now and I am very pleased. The only thing I have noticed lately, is that the display sometimes has a greenish/whitish flash across the picture when watching my Toshiba 3800 Progressive Scan DVD. I know it is not on the DVD as I watched it two days ago and it wasn't there. I am sure it is nothing, but need to find out. I would still definitely recommend this TV.

Leigh

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Jay:

Call up OneCall, and ask for Jason or Jeremy. Tell them you're from HTF, and ask them what they can do for you on the HDX.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
a phone order is considered a retail sale. they are just not allowed to have a buy button on the website. i was like you. i called them to order the 50h82 and when i was a asking a few questions about the dvi upgrade Thomas said i could order the hdx if i was worried about the dvi port. so i got the 50hdx82 for $1909. you will love this set when you get it. mine looked great out of the box. i just recently did a 56pt convergance and it was pretty close to begin with. just a little touch up was all that was needed.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Jason,

Seems like I'm encountering a number of posts this morning about Toshiba HDX sets.

That series uses a new electron gun that is better, when it works, but it's giving Tosh (and Sony) trouble.

You might actually be better off to stick with the H.

Jan

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_Weber