Seeling speakers...what should I ask?

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Craig_, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Craig_

Craig_ Auditioning

Howdy! I've got a set of Klipsch Synergy speakers up for sale? I'm not trying to sell them here, I'm trying to sell them locally. The speakers I have for sale are: 1 set KSF 10.5, 1 set KSF S5, and 1 KSF C5. The sub I am selling with the set is a Yamaha YST-SW320. I love the Klipsch, but needed a smaller set of speakers for the new house. What do yall think is a good asking price for the set I have up for sale? Thanks for any advice! -Mac

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Craig,

If you can, search for some free audio blue book quotes. I used to have a link to pull this data for free, but lost the link. [​IMG]

It would allow you to get some kind of general idea what your speakers are worth - for 3 conditions: excellent, good and fair. This would guide you in setting your asking price. Keep in mind, in order to get the best price, there has to be a willing buyer. IMO, Craigslist (I'm sure no relation to you) has been a mixed area when I've sold stuff in the past. Some great connections ... some insults from people who wanted to offer me 50% or more off my asking price.

Best of luck. [​IMG]