Seeking opinions on Batman: Vengence...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drue Elrick, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Drue Elrick

Drue Elrick Stunt Coordinator

I've seen this game on the shelf for a while, both for PS2 and GameCube. Has anyone played it and for what system? I love the cartoon series so I'm hoping it remains faithful to them so that leads me to ask - do they use the same voice actors and such? How is the game? Comments?

Thanks

2. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

3. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

My friend bought it and we played the opening sequence together. I loved it, made you feel like you were playing an episode. There are issues with the camera when jumping ledges but it just takes some getting used to.

And when you use most of your items (ie-batarang, grappling hook) you switch to First-person view. I'd rather keep it in 3rd person the whole way through.

btw- Did anyone ever play the Batman game for SNES made by Konami? Man was that fun, was just like all the episodes from BTAS.

See if you can get it cheap on ebay or a trade in place.

5. Jay_Sharp

Jay_Sharp Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed it very much. I had a few niggling issues with the camera and a couple of the vehicle sequences are a pain but overall no regrets playing it for 15 hours.

They captured the atmosphere very well.

And yes I played Batman Returns on the SNES. A great game!

Superior Art Direction on that title.

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Jay Returns was a great game as well, but the one I'm talking about is "The Adventures of Batman & Robin." Although it was made by Konami and got good ratings, I can hardly find any info on the game. It's also not even on eBay. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All images
    I think this is the best Batman game, right along with the original Batman for NES.

8. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I am playing the GC version at the moment,and I like it a lot. It does stay truthful to the series, & any Batfan should give it a try.

I've also played Batman Returns for both the Sega CD/Genesis & the Snes. Both good games,IMHO.

Calvin