Seeking HDTV with these specific features

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Hugh_Anthony, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Hugh_Anthony

Hugh_Anthony Auditioning

After "inheriting" some money I talked my girlfriend into using part of the money for a new TV, but it's not my kind of field... I don't really know how to tell a good HDTV from a dud, and was told to seek advice from the knowledgable people in this forum.

The only thing I do know is that the TV has to support 720p (for games) and 1080i (for German HDTV broadcasts), have an NTSC and PAL tuner, cost less than $2500, be gaming compatible (no lag or burn in), be 40 inches or larger and, if at all possible, support both 120 and 240 volts.

Does anyone know of such a television?

If there is anything else I should watch out for, please be so kind and point this out to me. As I've said, I'm lost when it comes to television technology, and I would really appriciate the chance to expand my horizon.

I'm sure this kind of question gets asked a lot here, "which HDTV should I get?", so a special thanks to you for taking your time to read this. [​IMG]

2. TicoTVA

TicoTVA Stunt Coordinator

3. Hugh_Anthony

Hugh_Anthony Auditioning

Sadly none of those seemed to have hit Europe yet,... or at least Germany. If I read the specs of those three TVs correctly they have everything I want, expect the ability to display PAL... which is a shame... otherwise I could have imported one.

When it comes to Samsung DLPs released here I've only found

-SP-50L6H
    -SP-46L6H

and finally the SP-50L7H... and when I laid my eyes upon it, I felt what must have been love at first sight. It has everything I wanted and looks so darn sexy it hurts.

There's just the issue of price... but I guess where there is a will, there is a way.

Thanks for helping me out here [​IMG]

4. Brad_c_g

Brad_c_g Agent

I have read that the samsungs have a delay with games. I have not witnessed it first hand though. So if you're gaming a lot the Samsung might not be something you want. I would definitely test one before purchasing.

5. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I don't think you'll find something that does this and run at 50/60 hertz.