What's new

Seeking DVD Recorder Recommendation (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'm looking for a DVD recorder that would be simple and easy to use with my DirecTV TIVO receiver. Simplicity and ease-of-use is a key, although if a given model also has VHS support, so much the better.

If you have experience with using a DVD recorder with a TIVO (or TIVO-like) receiver, please post a recommendation, including manufacturer, model number and price.

Thank you.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I take it this is a standard definition TIVO? I've used a Panasonic recorder with a built-in ATSC tuner and the recordings from the HDTV signal are fantastic. I would assume that recording from the conventional A/V inputs would be fine as well. From what I read when doing my research, Panasonic tends to have the best on-the-fly compression for higher volume-per-disc. Also, I like the DVD-RAM features (and have another Panasonic DVD player which is compatable - as well as my computers).

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not really sure what you want here. If I were recording from VHS, I would press play of the VCR and press record on the DVD recorder. Same concept as recoding from the DirecTivo. You will probably have to change inputs before the recording process but that would depend on how you wire things up.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks