seeking comments on Sharp XV-Z9000U

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Nuerenberg, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Bob Nuerenberg

Bob Nuerenberg Auditioning

Hi... I'm new on the forum. I'm also in the process of finishing the basement in my house and am having a home theater framed in. I'm in the process of selecting a projector and the new Sharp XV-Z9000U has been mentioned to me as a good candidate, although I have not had the opportunity to see one yet. However, I was told by one salesman that there is a problem with the first generation of the new TI 16:9 chip and a new version will soon be coming out. Are there any members that have any firsthand knowledge or impressions about this projector?

Also, it was mentioned to me that this new TI chip is now available to other manufacturers to incorporate in their own product offerings and I am being steered toward the DreamVision Cinema Ten Pro. Anyone have any comments about this?

2. Jim Ferguson

Jim Ferguson Stunt Coordinator

Hi bob,
    don't want to direct you away from this site, but there is a lot of discussion of this projector at www.avsforum.com

3. Scott Holt

Scott Holt Agent

Hey Bob! You want a really good projector, look at the sanyo plv 60ht. I stumbled on to a sight by accident called the projector people and am I glad I did. They helped me like no other place did. I am now up and running and for the price couldn't find a better deal out there. The number is 1-888-248-0675 ext 2277 and ask for Todd Reed. Todd is more personable than anyone out there. Tell him Scott told you to call. I'll guarantee you that you won't be sorry you did. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!