See Jason X to get our Friday the 13th: SE DVD Box Set!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_M_M, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

just a thought but for everyone who wants the first 8 movies in better versions (i.e. extras, uncut, etc.), one surefire way of getting Paramount to take notice is to go see Jason X and help get that weekend total up.

if New Line scores with Jason X, perhaps Paramount will firm up plans to release their 8 Fridays in a suped up box set ALA The Nightmare on Elm Street Box.

like i said, just a thought. but i'll for sure be in line tomorrow to see Jason return as well as attempt to show interest exists in this classic horror series.

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I'm gonna see it in theaters any way. This'll be the first time I'll be able to see a Friday the 13th movie in the theater! I was only nine or ten when Jason Goes to Hell came out and the town I lived in didn't have good theaters for sneaking into R-rated movies. If the weekend totals in any way affect the status of a possible Ft13th Box right on.

Ki- ki- ki-

Ma- Ma- Ma-

(in space)

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The box office will be somewhat limited due to a fairly low theater count. Only about 1,700 for "Jason X" last time I checked. "The Scorpion King" was in over 3,000 last weekend.

4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

I've been waiting for this movie for a long, long time. I will probably see it at least twice, maybe more if it's any good. The first 9 movies in uncut special editions have been on my "DVD wishlist" ever since I created it.

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

A campy slasher flick made knowing it would be cheese....how can I resist?

6. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I'm there. And this is weird but I am in the exact same boat as Steve. I was to young when Jason Goes to Hell came out so fortunately I didnt get to see it in theaters and I live in Seattle. Weird. And correct me If Im wrong but its
    Ch-Ch-Ch
    Ah-Ah-Ah
    [​IMG]

7. David Ruiz

David Ruiz Second Unit

Well Brett, you asked to be corrected if you were wrong, and you are wrong, so I am here to correct you.

It actually IS:

Ki-Ki-Ki-

Ma-Ma-Ma-

Because Harry Manfredini (sp) said that he took the beginnings of "Kill her Mommy" from "Friday the 13th part 1" and made up that noise. Of course, he had to distort it, but in it's undistorted state, it would be the beginnings of "Kill & Mommy".

8. Wallace Mason

I've never understood the appeal of the Friday the 13th series. I love cheesy, campy, slasher type B-movies but the Friday the 13th's have always seem very sub-par to me.

9. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

As much as I liked them, the Friday the 13th series has been my least favorite of the main horror movie series. I'm a bigger Michael Myers fan, myself. I'll still see Jason X at MATINEE COST! no EXCEPTIONS!

10. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I'm going to go to a showing this afternoon, (no classes, go me!) simply because I wanna see Jason on the big screen again. I can't wait!

I actually got to see Jason Goes to Hell on the Big Screen, and I was quite young too. That was my first time seeing Jason on the big screen, though. This will be my second. Hopefully it'll be better than JGTH.

11. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Here is a blurb from a review in my local paper. His last 2 paragraphs are the exact same reasons that I won't even dare to approach this.

12. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I thought New Line bought the rights to Friday the 13th so that they could make the movie Freddy vs Jason. Am I wrong on this one?

13. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I think all that inflated box office numbers will do is spur the studio to make another sequel.