Security Stickers Troubles

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Pakula, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I was opening my copy of The Ultimate Vacation Collection and I noticed there was this black security alarm sticker inside the box set but when I peeled it off a bit of the paper came off. It's no big deal as long as the individual dvd covers are alright but It makes me wonder why the glue has to be extra tight. Anybody else here have problems with the security stickers?. I wish they would come up with some better non damaging way of protecting their product.

-Mike

2. Richard Gilmore

Richard Gilmore Stunt Coordinator

They should just attach them with that "snot" glue, which comes off real easy, no damage. It's not that critical to use super glue when the security tag is in a sealed case, anyway.

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Ummmm, the whole point of those tags is for security, not convenience. DVD theft is outrageous (as an employee in Target's Entertainment dept. I can attest to that). As long as the tag is not harming the DVD, why not just leave it in there?

4. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

Yes it seems like most boxsets do that. Acouple that I have that have done that are Rocky, Jurassic Park, and the Jack Ryan Collection. It's a pain, I don't see why they couldn't have put it in one of the dvds so we could easily take it off.

5. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Because it's MY DVD. I paid to see the entire artwork. Not with a black rectangular piece of plastic marring it. Would you want one of these on your car? If it's not harming the car, why not just leave it on there?

6. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

7. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I hate security tags. I opened up Commando this weekend and the security tag was stuck to the outside of the dvd case, it almost tore a hole in my dvd cover when I took it off.