What's new

Security seals must go! Or at least come up with a better way. (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
at the rental store were i work we just got a
batch of rental XXX's.
these had a type of security seal that i havent seen before.
the front edge of the case had a red plastic thing on it that was sealed/solid and had to be cut open down the middle to open the case.

it's ecxactly like the current strips on there now that you slice down the middle but it is incorporated into the case itself.

it even has a little picture on it showing you to use scissors to cut it open.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
nothing i can see on that link for a "claw".

ok i found it on the side menu as "dvd opener".

GarySchrock

Second Unit
The Claw thing is the usual little ceramic bit cutter that you sometime see for things like cutting out a page in the newspaper without cutting the page below it. Works fairly well for opening both shrinkwrap and teh seals, although you do have to be a little carefull, especially on the shrinkwrap, since it's thin enough you can cut the plastic on the case too. I had one that I used, but I haven't been able to find it recently :frowning:.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
So do I, with a slight modification: I use a pair of very sharp scissors to cut through the middle, rather than a knife. Is even slightly safer.
Generally, I don't need to cut all the way through, just a good start.

Cees

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

If there is Wal~Mart in Washington, look in household cleaners by the Windex and EasyOff. They also sell Elmer's adhesive remover in arts & crafts section. It works the same as Goo Gone and leaves a lemony fresh scent. :wink:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I keep a box cutter handy in my kitchen (much easier than a pocketknife). When I get a new DVD, I just slice three times along the non-spine edges of the case--right through the cellophane and the security stickers.

The case opens right up and the stickers come off easy.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

If you're talking about goo left behind from the security strip, I just press the newly removed security strip back over any areas with goo and peel. Repeat half a dozen times and you'll find the goo completely removed. Quick, easy, free and effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks