Securit measures at the Toronto SARS Concert

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Marc Carra, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I was watching the SARS rock concert on TV and a terrible thought crossed my mind. What kind of security measures are we taking against terrorist attack on this event?? With almost a half million people crammed into a fairly small area, a potential attack (air or otherwise) could be horrendous. I'm certain if this concert was in the US , there would be some sort of air patrols. Has anyone living in the GTA noticed any RCAF jets in the air tonight?

I've probably just been watching too much CNN.

Marc.

2. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

Hi Marc
    Although I have no specific information, usually they will restrict the airspace around a big event like that, and have some fighters on standby. I doubt they would actually take off unless they had a specific threat. In all honesty, I would not be to concerned about a big 9/11 style attack; it was devastating, yes, but it was also only good for one play. After that the games up. Quite honestly I doubt we will see a serious hijacking attempt get anywhere for many years, as passengers are simply going to revolt. I would be more concerned about a suicide bomber doing a repeat of what happened in that concert in Russia. Also, a concert like this, politically speaking, would be a bad target choice. No one is going to be sympathetic to an attack on an event like that. (Besides, doesn't everybody like Canadians?) [​IMG]

3. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

4. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Cool, all went well here in the Great White North!

Marc.

5. david stark

david stark Second Unit

I was at the concert and a Canadian air force jet flew over for display. There were a couple of helicopters flying round continously. As mentioned above I don't think it would really be a big terrorist target anyway.

As I now know the biggest danger there was the sun, maybe I should have worn a hat.

6. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

who wants to bomb Canada anyways? we'll have the SARS virus and Mad Cow disease spreading all over the place after the bombing which in turn will actually be worse for the environment. [​IMG]

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah, a CF-18 flew overhead and that was loud. Kinda cool really. Good concert, good sound. Expensive beer. Sam Roberts, the Guess Who and Rush were great. AC/DC stole the show as they straight out rocked. They have such solid material and they play shows well. They are amazing. The Stones were ok. Glad it went ok. My two friends and I had fun.