"Secrets" announces Anthem's D-1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by ChrisHeflen, May 7, 2004.

1. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

2. George Caronan

George Caronan Stunt Coordinator

From what I read, it seems to have the same features as the AVM 20. The difference is that it has upsampling to 192 kHz along with TWO Motorola DSP 56367 chips. I guess it remains to be heard if those factors figure in much better sound though how much is subjective. It looks very nice though.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Supposedly, it has a fully balanced design (that's why I'm looking at it). I don't believe that the AVM-20 does.

4. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

The D1 also has 4 component video inputs instead of 2 for the AVM-20. I also believe that the D1's balanced outputs are full differential, whereas the AVM-20's balanced outputs are "just" true balanced (Info).

Michael

5. George Kouzev

George Kouzev Stunt Coordinator

I followed the link and it seems the True Differential design gives you nothing over True Balanced design, if the later is properly designed (which is likely the case with AVM20).

I believe D1 will outfeature AVM20 in time as it can possibly accommodate more new features like parametric room EQ with one or more filters per channel, etc. These would require a lot of horse power.

GK

6. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

Hey, it even has built-in RABOS.[​IMG]

It's nice they concentrated on the bass region for the EQ, but it would've been better to have at least one more filter.

DJ

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Wait- I understand "fully differential" to be referenced to *only* the DACs. I understand "fully balanced" to be the entire internal design. Input stage, processing, *and* output stage (including the DACs).

??