What's new

Secret World Live $14.99 on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
As a Peter Gabriel fan, I'm suprised I didn't see this advertised in the Best Buy or Circuit City ads.

The lowest price I've found so far is $14.99 on Amazon.

I'll almost certainly pick this up, and I encourage any Peter Gabriel fan to do the same. I have the SWL album, and IMHO, the music from the concert sounds better than the music on the albums itself - songs like Sledgehammer and Steam have more intensity, and songs like In Your Eyes are more poignant and meaningful. The soundtrack is remastered into DTS, so hopefully we'll have a sonic treat on our hands.

I've also heard good things about the visuals on the concert. Peter has always been a showman, even before he was a solo artist, and I've heard that the concert itself is quite well produced and entertaining.

The box also lists the movie as being widescreen, so that SHOULD be a bonus to those of you with widescreen sets. :)

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered this last month, and can't wait for it to arrive. I definitely second the recommendation, it's one of the best concerts I've ever seen - my VHS copy has been worn out. The compilation of the music is perfect with the visuals, which are amazing.

Well, obviously I may seem biased, but I had never really been a Peter Gabriel fan, having only owned a copy of Sixteen Golden Greats, which a friend gave to me as a birthday present. I listened to it a few times and loved his music videos, but it was actually after picking up this video that turned me into a fan. I now own all his albums, and even his Real World software titles (anyone remember those?}.

Alright, enough plugging - just pick this up!:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Good news, HT maniacs.....

I checked the DVD in-store, and it is INDEED 16:9 enhanced widescreen, with remastered Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks.

I am one happy camper! :D

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Bleh.... I'm not happy to hear that Universal screwed this disc up. It's on its way over here, I'm inclined to send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks