Secret World Live $14.99 on Amazon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Ruth, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

As a Peter Gabriel fan, I'm suprised I didn't see this advertised in the Best Buy or Circuit City ads.

The lowest price I've found so far is $14.99 on Amazon.

I'll almost certainly pick this up, and I encourage any Peter Gabriel fan to do the same. I have the SWL album, and IMHO, the music from the concert sounds better than the music on the albums itself - songs like Sledgehammer and Steam have more intensity, and songs like In Your Eyes are more poignant and meaningful. The soundtrack is remastered into DTS, so hopefully we'll have a sonic treat on our hands.

I've also heard good things about the visuals on the concert. Peter has always been a showman, even before he was a solo artist, and I've heard that the concert itself is quite well produced and entertaining.

The box also lists the movie as being widescreen, so that SHOULD be a bonus to those of you with widescreen sets. [​IMG]

2. JamesY

JamesY Stunt Coordinator

I pre-ordered this last month, and can't wait for it to arrive. I definitely second the recommendation, it's one of the best concerts I've ever seen - my VHS copy has been worn out. The compilation of the music is perfect with the visuals, which are amazing.

Well, obviously I may seem biased, but I had never really been a Peter Gabriel fan, having only owned a copy of Sixteen Golden Greats, which a friend gave to me as a birthday present. I listened to it a few times and loved his music videos, but it was actually after picking up this video that turned me into a fan. I now own all his albums, and even his Real World software titles (anyone remember those?}.

Alright, enough plugging - just pick this up![​IMG]

3. Brian Ruth

Good news, HT maniacs.....

I checked the DVD in-store, and it is INDEED 16:9 enhanced widescreen, with remastered Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks.

I am one happy camper! [​IMG]

4. Michael St. Clair

5. Brian Ruth

Bleh.... I'm not happy to hear that Universal screwed this disc up. It's on its way over here, I'm inclined to send it back.