What's new

Secret Revealed!!.. How studios pick the tv shows they release. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Actually I was always quite taken with Terri rather than Chrissy. She was far less annoying AND she was hotter!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

It wasn't until years later that my eyes opened and I realized just how gorgeous Janet was, especially in the later seasons.
And yes Threes Company was clearly John's show all the way! When they did the retrospective shows with Lucille Ball, it was John who got the honor of performing with her, not Summers.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I guess i'm in the wrong thread, this is the John Ritter fan club section.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I wonder when it will get to the point that they are releasing DVD sets of some TV series that ran for only thirteen episodes in 1971, that no one remembers and that starred a bunch of people no one has heard from since.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I guess i'm in the wrong thread, this is the John Ritter fan club section.
To get it back on track, I will tell you how the TV Series REALLY get picked to be put on DVD:
They are the favorite shows of the decision-makers. Really.
Or their wives or their lovers or their moms.
What did you expect? :confused: :wink:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Please count me in the "HTF John Ritter Fan Club". I've always liked the guy, from Three's Company to Hero at Large to Stay Tuned to Problem Child, and it's great to see that he's actually made a solid name for himself as a Hollywood character actor. (Three's Company fans will want to catch The Three's Company Reunion Special which should be on in November (on the E! Channel, I believe).
Ally McBeal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sling Blade, Bride of Chucky, Panic, etc.
Anyone remember that TV movie he made with Alfre Woodard? Unnatural Causes? Good stuff there.
Oh yeah: In honor of the actual thread topic, I'll throw out a vote for Police Squad!. I'm stunned that Paramount hasn't released it already.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I want Taxi and The Brady Bunch, plus the remaining seasons of All in the Family.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Can you imagine if one of us was in charge of dvd releases. We would probably be fired for the amount of dvd product released.
I can see it now....
President of Studio X- "Mr.Lambert, I see you are releasing 25 tv series this month alone and at a discounted price? Are you mad?"
Mr.Lambert, VP of Home Video- "I know, I know. But, that was the limit of the replication facilities."
President- "Someone get my some Tums."
(Dave, I hope you don't mind me using your name in my explaination.) ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
ironically, precisely because of Seinfeld's success - it's making so much money in syndication that they want to continue milking that cow a bit longer before letting die-hards buy their own DVD sets.

not sure how that addresses the fact that Friends is being released, maybe the fact that Friends is available in R2 is pushing WB to release R1 as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks